• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Article - help please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    Do you mean you represent the Daily Fail ?

#stopfundinghate
    Please ignore this user Georgia, he probably aspires to Corbyn's Venezuelan utopian dream.

Most of us are just normal professionals, not politically (un)aware numpties.

Comment

Originally posted by philinlondon View Post
      This may sound a bit inappropriate, but there were a few cases (that I've read) where people had committed suicide due to what HMRC has been doing to everyone.

It might be worth interviewing the families and friends of those victims.
      Billy Yates - Zoe Ball's ex-boyfriend didn't get much publicity and his suicide is directly related to tax woes from the BBC outsourcing scam (see every IR35 story in the past month).

And if that story didn't get much publicity or sympathy very little else will.

Comment

Originally posted by Joolsey86 View Post
        Please ignore this user Georgia, he probably aspires to Corbyn's Venezuelan utopian dream.

Most of us are just normal professionals, not politically (un)aware numpties.

Georgia ... I just don't like Bigots and haterags

I am a peace loving Muslim contractor ...I don't like the hate rags for their skewed view against minorities .. and yes that means my LGBT friends at X bank have a right to their view and a right to be treated nicely by the media ...

You can keep your politics ... thru the BN66 debacle the whole suite of them were chocolate teapots so since 2002 each colour has failed me
        Last edited by CanPayButWouldRatherNot; 8 March 2018, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
          Georgia ... I just don't like Bigots and haterags

I am a peace loving Muslim contractor ...I don't like the hate rags for their skewed view against minorities .. and yes that means my LGBT friends at X bank have a right to their view and a right to be treated nicely by the media ...

You can keep your politics ... thru the BN66 debacle the whole suite of them were chocolate teapots so since 2002 each colour has failed me
          This Thread has gone off topic somewhat but I’ll say, Georgia is a friend of a friend and I’m led to believe (and from my own interactions with her) that she is far from being to blame for what any media may be like. I approached her on this topic (clso) to begin with and as I’m from an ethnic minority background myself I wouldn’t have done so if I thought otherwise.By all means keep up your fight against discrimination, just choose the correct targets - a journalist who is firmly on contractors rights with this whole mess isn’t the one to be angry at.

Comment

Hi Phil,

Believe me, there are contractors queuing up to speak to said journalist, but unfortunately it won't be allowed to remain anonymous, so I'm sure you understand why she may be struggling.
            STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
              Hi Phil,

Believe me, there are contractors queuing up to speak to said journalist, but unfortunately it won't be allowed to remain anonymous, so I'm sure you understand why she may be struggling.
              Hi, yes I fully understand. Tbh I agree that for the majority of people it would be a bad move as I get they would be effectively putting themselves out of work (if in finance etc). Fingers crossed we find someone who can be named as be good to get the awareness.

Comment

I do wonder if anyone actually reads the threads on here as there is 1 possible interviewee who would provide a very interesting case study - the OP on this thread https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ion-these.html

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
                  I do wonder if anyone actually reads the threads on here as there is 1 possible interviewee who would provide a very interesting case study - the OP on this thread https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ion-these.html
                  She is already involved but is a 2011 IR35 case rather than direct result of 2019 loan charge.

Comment

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
                    She is already involved but is a 2011 IR35 case rather than direct result of 2019 loan charge.
                    Phil, any idea why there is a need to expose someones identity ? The truth behind the story can easily be independently verified, with a little bit of co-operation.
                    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Anomymous

Phil,

How about genuine stories from alias names, no pictures - you’d get a terrific response to loan charge 2019 - importantly it’s the further stories as the mail has a big circular and might flush out the NHS locum Workers - what scoop they would be for the mail.

Comment

Working...
                      X