• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Article - help please!"

Collapse

• CanPayButWouldRatherNot
    replied
    Originally posted by philinlondon View Post
    Sad to read about this.. but unless someone (mabye high profile) harm themselves with HMRC's action. Our trouble will not be addressed or understood by the "general public"

BBC employee attempted suicide after tax avoidance crackdown - Citywire

these personal tragedies are awful.

just sick of the two faced media ... selling the 'tax avoiding scum story' for years ....when the MP's are fiddling expenses and turning a blind eye to google ....

........then along come the ambulance chasers looking for sob stories now the contractor scum are under the cosh.

clearly the journo is "doing her job" ....but the whole thing stinks

you can't put the 'tax avoiding scum' story back in the bottle !!

Leave a comment:

• philinlondon
    replied
    Originally posted by philinlondon View Post
    This may sound a bit inappropriate, but there were a few cases (that I've read) where people had committed suicide due to what HMRC has been doing to everyone.

It might be worth interviewing the families and friends of those victims.
    Sad to read about this.. but unless someone (mabye high profile) harm themselves with HMRC's action. Our trouble will not be addressed or understood by the "general public"

BBC employee attempted suicide after tax avoidance crackdown - Citywire

Leave a comment:

• Gjourno
    replied
    Hello again

Hi All,

Thank you for responding to this. Please do PM me for contact details if you're willing to come forward.

Warmest wishes,
    G

Leave a comment:

• Gjourno
    replied
    Originally posted by pwhelan0610 View Post
    This is my first post/reply on this board, but I would very much like to help as I have been hounded by HMRC for 5 straight years (both for Fleming Laing and APSE) and am willing to let you use my name and picture.
    Please let me know how I can help

Patrick
    Hi Patrick - thank you for this. Are you able to get in touch with me please? I believe Phil has sent you my details.

Best wishes,
    G

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
    scrap that, no I haven't! It wont let me send you PMs. Presumably as your account isn't able to receive them? Mods, can you help?
    Try him now, Phil! Sorry for the delay, was out most of yesterday and didn't check the site much.

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied
    Hi Patrick

Ive sent you a pm with the Journalists details.
    cheers
    Phil
    scrap that, no I haven't! It wont let me send you PMs. Presumably as your account isn't able to receive them? Mods, can you help?

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied
    Originally posted by pwhelan0610 View Post
    This is my first post/reply on this board, but I would very much like to help as I have been hounded by HMRC for 5 straight years (both for Fleming Laing and APSE) and am willing to let you use my name and picture.

Patrick
    Hi Patrick

Ive sent you a pm with the Journalists details.
    cheers
    Phil

Leave a comment:

• pwhelan0610
    replied
    I'll Help

Originally posted by Gjourno View Post
    Dear All,

I hope you don't mind me posting on this group, but I've been told you might be able to help me.

I'm researching EBTs, 2011 Finance Act and Loan Charge 2019. At the moment I'm looking to find a case study - someone who has been and will be affected by this legislation.

I've had some very kind people email me over their stories and they've galvanized me to keep pushing for publication.

The only problem is, I need someone who is willing to share their real name and be photographed for the newspaper.

I understand people are worried about doing that as many of you work in the finance industry but this is the only way I can run something.

We are the largest circulating Sunday newspaper in the UK and we would get great coverage of this issue. Often we have our stories picked up by other national newspapers so HMRC would really be put under pressure to answer your questions/demands.

As I'm sure you all know too well, this is bankrupting people and causing many people to suffer from severe mental ill health. It needs to change and I hope I can write something to start that change.

If anyone feels they could help me by sharing their story with their real name and a willingness to be pictured, I would be very grateful.

Best wishes,
    Georgia

Patrick

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied
    Originally posted by me206et View Post
    I would be quite happy to go public, I no longer work in the UK so no danger there. I will not go bankrupt, but there will be collateral damage. It is likely a young single mum with her two daughters will lose there family home of 10 years. Also as they are on benefits they are unlikely to be able to find another property to rent.
    Superb, thanks. I’ll pm you my number for chat and put you in touch with journalist also.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• me206et
    replied
    I would be quite happy to go public, I no longer work in the UK so no danger there. I will not go bankrupt, but there will be collateral damage. It is likely a young single mum with her two daughters will lose there family home of 10 years. Also as they are on benefits they are unlikely to be able to find another property to rent.

Leave a comment:

• APNMISERY21
    replied
    Want to wish you guys all the best with this and hope it gets the support it deserves.

There are not enough people putting this in the public eye so the more press interest the better imo.

Good luck and thank you.

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevep42 View Post
    Phil,

How about genuine stories from alias names, no pictures - you’d get a terrific response to loan charge 2019 - importantly it’s the further stories as the mail has a big circular and might flush out the NHS locum Workers - what scoop they would be for the mail.
    I’ve offered this idea previously, Georgia would have to confirm but I think they would prefer real name (In answer to above query - I’m unsure why as personally I don’t see what difference it makes but I guess that’s the editors choice)

Leave a comment:

• Stevep42
    replied
    Anomymous

Phil,

How about genuine stories from alias names, no pictures - you’d get a terrific response to loan charge 2019 - importantly it’s the further stories as the mail has a big circular and might flush out the NHS locum Workers - what scoop they would be for the mail.

Leave a comment:

• regron
    replied
    She is already involved but is a 2011 IR35 case rather than direct result of 2019 loan charge.
    Phil, any idea why there is a need to expose someones identity ? The truth behind the story can easily be independently verified, with a little bit of co-operation.

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied
    Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
    I do wonder if anyone actually reads the threads on here as there is 1 possible interviewee who would provide a very interesting case study - the OP on this thread https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ion-these.html
    She is already involved but is a 2011 IR35 case rather than direct result of 2019 loan charge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X