• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sympathy for the Devil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2524317

HTH

Comment

I was confused by Phil denying that his name was Phil M when it is.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I was confused by Phil denying that his name was Phil M when it is.
        Once one realizes a mistake for something you can say "Only joking" or "I was lying". Then no-one knows if it is true or not.

Another method is to post some truth and some complete rubbish. Then no-one knows what is what. Sometimes not even the person who posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
          I hope Phil isn't put off coming here because so far what we've heard from him is straight and to the point.
          Thank you, glad to (at least try to) help.

Comment

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
            I suspect I'm not allowed to start offering quotes on here as that seems like misuse of the forum so I wont. clearly Im v happy to be contacted outside of this forum if anyone wishes to chat about their situation. Ill leave it at that though as far as any sales pitch goes as don't wish to be banned!
            One more question .. do you think HMRC will have any trouble implementing the Loan Charge as they have planned, including transferring liability from employer to employee.
            i.e when weighing up settlement vs LC is there any point at all in thinking that the LC might not be a complete fait accompli or is that just pie in the sky thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
              One more question .. do you think HMRC will have any trouble implementing the Loan Charge as they have planned, including transferring liability from employer to employee.
              i.e when weighing up settlement vs LC is there any point at all in thinking that the LC might not be a complete fait accompli or is that just pie in the sky thinking.
              Id say there's no chance of that being a concern for HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cityampm View Post
                And yet Webberg not only gets a sticky encouraging his business but gets to keep his username as well. Not to mention the fact that he has his own forum which has quite clearly taken traffic from here. Sounds like one rule for some and one rule for the rest. It's Webberg's forum now and we must give him a monopoly on advice / fees.
                I have no idea who you are or what I might have done to make you this way, nor frankly what your objective is.

I'd be happy to discuss any grievance you have, online or offline (because I suspect its boring to everybody else).

For so long as people who normally charge for their time are prepared to come on here and share information (me, Iliketax, the OP, etc) why is that not to be encouraged?
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

And yet Webberg not only gets a sticky encouraging his business but gets to keep his username as well. Not to mention the fact that he has his own forum which has quite clearly taken traffic from here. Sounds like one rule for some and one rule for the rest. It's Webberg's forum now and we must give him a monopoly on advice / fees.
                  Webberg has disclosed his name and activities fully. He has ALWAYS asked permission before posting anything unusual. Some requests we allow, a few we deny.

Webbrg has been fully transparent in his dealings with this forum.

Webberg is not the only advisor on this forum. Iliketax is here and phil@dswtres has recently joined, and if he is as careful and courteous in his dealings with CUK as Webberg has been he will also be welcome.

And on the subject of forums, there are a number of WhatsApp chatrooms on the go that have nothing to do with Webberg. You're not invited to those either.

But you can believe what you want to believe.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Paying the loan off back to Trustee

Hi Phil

Firstly thanks for offering your time on the forum, and please ignore the few bored trolls who just like clocking up thread post. Its very common on this forum for a serious thread getting hijacked (usually by the same few handful of posters) and made into a useless chitter-chatter !!

My question is, If my EBT trustee agrees to me paying the loan back what are the HMRC compliant options for that money to be distributed back to me by the Trustee?

For example can the Trustee pay the re-paid loan back in to my Limited company, and from there I can put towards a SIPP free of corporation tax?

Thanks

Comment

FakeHorizon - the throwback to days of rampant misogyny. What will get you banned this time I wonder?

Comment

Working...
                      X