• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sympathy for the Devil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sympathy for the Devil

Please allow me to introduce myself....as an ex HMRC Tax Inspector. Not only that but a senior inspector on the first APN team back in Dec 14. So...any questions fire away.
    A bit of background...I left HMRC a couple of years back to join a big 4 firm. Now set up my own firm offering advice/assistance to anyone in need of it regarding all HMRC issues/enquiries. . Willing to answer any general queries on here. I don't really have time to go into great detail into anybody's specific cases but will spend an hour or so in evenings responding to any questions best I can.

Can I ask what's in this for you?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilM View Post
      Please allow me to introduce myself....as an ex HMRC Tax Inspector. Not only that but a senior inspector on the first APN team back in Dec 14. So...any questions fire away.
      A bit of background...I left HMRC a couple of years back to join a big 4 firm. Just this week set up my own firm offering advice/assistance to anyone in need of it regarding all HMRC issues/enquiries. Now clearly I'd like to plug my business but until a Mod/Admin on here says that its fine to do so ill refrain from doing as I don't wish to break any forum rules. Willing to answer any general queries on here. I don't really have time to go into great detail into anybody's specific cases but will spend an hour or so in evenings responding to any questions best I can.
      Phil, a bit of friendly well meaning advice. If were you and your name really is Phil M, I'd ask one of the mods to change it for you. Though, I am almost certain one of them will be contacting you shortly any way. HTH.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

There are many cases of HMRC sending letters then saying they did not mean to put that in the letter. Of settling cases - then resiling. Of saying they treat all tax payers equally - then offering widely differing deals.

Are you aware that there is proof HMRC have lied to parliament? That they use legislation that is only legal in a handful of countries in the world?

Perhaps worse, HMRC are regularly made aware of schemes and choose to do nothing.

HMRC are making proposals that will ensure contractors are IR35 caught. Whenever they are asked what the rules are they just say pay the amount of tax we say.

I think you have been working with HMRC long enough to see how many gullible mugs there are out there and decided to fleece them.

I could never work for HMRC.

If anyone is looking for help/advice I suggest going to BG/WTT. They are not perfect - however far better than the alternatives.

Sorry for being so nice in my response - maybe Admin/mods will move this thread to general where I can properly put the boot in.

Comment

...Now clearly I'd like to plug my business but until a Mod/Admin on here says that its fine to do so ill refrain from doing as I don't wish to break any forum rules
          Don't plug your business.

So, why did you leave HMRC to join one of the big 4? More money, or simply PWC and the like have better ethical standards?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Surprised anyone who worked for HMRC has the intelligence to do anything else, based on my experience I'd assumed you were all thick as tulip as well as vindictive and desperate to show how much power you have, presumably as the result of years of being bullied at school.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
              Surprised anyone who worked for HMRC has the intelligence to do anything else, based on my experience I'd assumed you were all thick as tulip as well as vindictive and desperate to show how much power you have, presumably as the result of years of being bullied at school.
              They do have a few "Sir Humphreys" who are fast tracked to the top. They are also recruited on the basis of being vindictive and desperate to show how much power they have, as the result of years of being bullied at school.

Comment

A bit of background...I left HMRC a couple of years back to join a big 4 firm. Just this week set up my own firm offering advice/assistance to anyone in need of it regarding all HMRC issues/enquiries. Now clearly I'd like to plug my business but until a Mod/Admin on here says that its fine to do so ill refrain from doing as I don't wish to break any forum rules. Willing to answer any general queries on here. I don't really have time to go into great detail into anybody's specific cases but will spend an hour or so in evenings responding to any questions best I can.
                What do HMRC really think of Paul Baxendale-Walker? And his schemes?

Comment

Do you think the landscape has changed since you left such that your advice could be out of date?

Comment

Originally posted by bandemelbs View Post
                    Can I ask what's in this for you?
                    Hi, Nothing. Just figured people may have queries that I could assist with.

Comment

Working...
                    X