• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax firm found to be negligent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax firm found to be negligent

Just for interest

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/tax...ign=+GAZ141016

Paul baxendale-walker was the brains behind the rangers ebt scheme, although at various times in his career his brains seem to have departed south.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/cr...ed-7799871.amp

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Sets an interesting precedent.
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Why does it have to be the client who sued the lawyer? Why doesn't HMRC sue every single lawyer(and accountant, promoter and anyone else involved)?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Why does it have to be the client who sued the lawyer? Why doesn't HMRC sue every single lawyer(and accountant, promoter and anyone else involved)?
          Because HMRC have no grounds to sue them.

Only the individual who suffered a loss as a result of the negligence can make a claim against them.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

POTAS

This could be the first of many following the change in legislation earlier this year

Link 1

Link 2
            Last edited by Darren at Fox-Bartfield; 13 December 2017, 12:21.

Comment

Let's hope so - I'll be pointing anyone who wants to sue to this thread.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
                This could be the first of many following the change in legislation earlier this year

Link 1

Link 2
                Shame it's not retrospective...
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                X