• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please read this if you are desperate and feel you are running out of options

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please read my post here https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ml#post2937107
    I got a letter from hmrc yesterday stating they're going to start to make enquiries with regards to my tax affairs. The letter immediately alerted me to how serious my situation is, because I did use this tax avoidance scheme, and yet my umbrella reassured me, even via email and phone calls that the scheme was genuine. Overnight I went through so many emotions, some very very dark. But in the end I decided that I would take this like a man and having found this forum and now having a thread asking for support and also planning to get in touch with webberg, I'm beginning to feel more positive. I know it's still the very beginning of my struggle with hmrc but I'm in a better place thanks to this forum.

Comment

Welcome taxed.

Many on this forum have been where you are now, ask for support and you will get it.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have been naive joining tax avoidance scheme and now after not successful in settlement with HMRC and their debt Management to collect money as I cannot pay what they ask, HMRC is taking the route to CCJ. I need to know if there is any way to fight this. any one here has experienced the same. please advise.
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hrz View Post
          I have been naive joining tax avoidance scheme and now after not successful in settlement with HMRC and their debt Management to collect money as I cannot pay what they ask, HMRC is taking the route to CCJ. I need to know if there is any way to fight this. any one here has experienced the same. please advise.
          thanks
          Sounds like you need professional help.

https://ivaplan.co.uk/types-of-debt/income-tax-debt

"If you’re in serious trouble with debt management, however, it may be worth talking to an insolvency practitioner."
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by hrz View Post
            thanks
            It depends on how far along the dispute is when it gets to CC. From what you have written though you are at last chance saloon. Sometimes a debt can be set aside at CC, again I think you are beyond that stage.

The only light at the end of the tunnel maybe, even with a CCJ there is the opportunity to settle the debt in instalments, not sure why you haven't reached this point with HMRC though. They do tend to offer those if you genuinely can't pay.

A CCJ isn't the end of the world and the TTP arrangements can be more reasonable than the terms offered by the creditor. However you are going to need to work with them and have all your financial details ready.

If you still want to fight on then you are probably going to need professional help.

Comment

Working...
            X