• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon exit opportunity (Non-Big Group discussion thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    I'm sure many people would gladly sign up to paying a %, of any reduction in their tax bill, in return for "no win, no fee".

At least you'd have more confidence that the advisors themselves really believed they could achieve something.

Of course, such terms will never be offered for obvious reasons.
    Are the reasons: -
    1. They are against HMRC who cheat and have limitless funds.
    2. If you have a legal case, try to get a no-win, no-fee firm to take your case. If one will, fund it yourself....

Comment

Horizon exit opportunity (Non-BG discussion thread)

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
      cojak ... Why would you remove details of their proposals? Horizon members need to hear and understand what is being proposed.
      No one is stopping you from setting up a WhatsApp group to discuss your proposal.

I won’t allow it here, sucker schemes are not welcome.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I am aware that this is a "non BG" thread but as it has been mentioned, I feel I have permission to respond.

Big Group is advised by a professional firm.

That professional firm charges fees.

The fees for BG (and for the other services from their advisers) are fixed. Hourly rates or extortionate fixed rates are not charged. For fear of being accused of selling snake oil (again) I will not detail the fees here but they are available upon request.

No win, no fee is something that is almost never seen in tax work because HMRC is incapable of doing any deals as they have to have everybody from head of counter avoidance to the vice high chancellor of paperclips agree that a sensible and reasonable answer can be found outside of a Tribunal.

No win, no fee is seen in areas where there is some sort of public compensation fund to claim on, providing a minimum level of protection. HMRC does not have that.

The advisers behind BG claim no special route into HMRC, no special insights other than a sensible review of the facts and tax law, no special formula to reduce taxes. There are plenty that do.

The advisers behind BG are one of many. Google is your friend.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Is it not the point of such forums to fish out sucker schemes so that your average punter does not fall for it blindley?

If a scheme is highlighted and information is shared that would stop people getting in to it with only a one-sided marketing misinformation

Comment

Is it not the point of such forums to fish out sucker schemes so that your average punter does not fall for it blindley?

If a scheme is highlighted and information is shared that would stop people getting in to it with only a one-sided marketing misinformation

The scam salesmen will use a schemes appearance on a site like this as a recommendation
            Its best to keep our story as simple as possible - and sadly that story is HMRC are after money and no scheme is going to let you avoid it...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              "sucker scheme" is a bit like saying "very unique"

Comment

Look around you. This forum is full of such schemes - that’s how we highlight them.

Just saying that there is a Scheme out there and having single post Charlie’s coming here saying ‘it works for me!’ doesn’t count any longer. We stopped doing that in 2013 when Admin set up this forum.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Horizon loan write off after settlement.

Has anyone tried to get venturis to write off loans after settlement with HMRC.

Are they willing to talk and if so for how much?
                  Last edited by me206et; 21 June 2018, 14:42. Reason: Soeloings

Comment

Working...
                  X