• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon exit opportunity (Non-Big Group discussion thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ConfusedEasily View Post
    Cool - a solution to the 2019 loan legislation that logically works *and* from a Bulgarian company? What can possibly go wrong? No, wait.....
    Let’s be blunt here anyone suggesting a solution to a scheme is probably not looking after your interests but looking after their own.

At best, you will give them money and Hmrc will say sorry you still out us the money. In reality I suspect, you will pay them money and Hmrc will ask for the tax on the money in the first scheme and then the tax on the money in the second scheme.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Just to let you know that any details of dodgy Bulgarian schemes on here will be removed.
      cojak ... Why would you remove details of their proposals? Horizon members need to hear and understand what is being proposed.
      If its because if HMRC gets the wind of it and it would jeopardize then the scheme is of zero value and should not be get in to.

Originally posted by Jarzinhio View Post
      Were you with Horizon at all Luxcon? So do you think the way the loan is being paid back (let's just focus on that) is it valid or not in HMRC eyes? I'm talking about over the 2 years not this massive one off payment after Rangers verdict.
      Jarzinho.... So you are referring to the "Pay us 5% Admin Fee plus 2.5% Bridging loan interest charge and we wont tell HMRC how much you owe us scheme?

This is basically the very same individuals that ran Horizon schemes looking to gain 7.5% holding members to ransom with a gun to your head. You pay us the money and we wont tell HMRC come 2019 that you were in a scheme. If you dont pay then we will.

HMRC already knows most members in Horizon through Self Assessment submissions for each year by who your employer was. Come 2020 they can still come after you even though Go Outsourcing has not declared the information to them.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
        cojak ... Why would you remove details of their proposals? Horizon members need to hear and understand what is being proposed.
        If its because if HMRC gets the wind of it and it would jeopardize then the scheme is of zero value and should not be get in to.
        There are snake-oil salesman circling. I am sure cojak can be convinced. Remember the CUK is not a public information service.

Comment

Nope see my post above.

Nothing anyone can do will let you escape Hmrc it will just make things worse. However people will happily pray on you to take money off you using fear to extract money from you.

Then Hmrc will come along and say you still our us money before looking at your attempted escape plan and probably saying you owe us more money
          Last edited by eek; 12 December 2017, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Remember the CUK is not a public information service.
            This forum just like 1000's of on-topic forums is exactly that, for public to exchange information

Comment

This forum just like 1000's of on-topic forums is exactly that, for public to exchange information

All forums have moderators and it is the moderators who decide. On public forums the rules tend to be alot stricter.

Why not go and create your own forum? Various other groups have done so.

CUK is a brilliant place for meeting up with others in the same situation. Exchanging information though? Not such a good idea.

Comment

The mods don't want it published again because we've already seen the broad details and it just doesn't work.

From memory as I've already stated twice above it will result in HMRC seeing you as using 2 schemes so they will ask for the tax due on both schemes not just the one they are currently asking for money for.

But go ahead and join the scheme we just don't want to give the scam merchants any publicity or means of tricking others into joining..

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  The mods don't want it published again because we've already seen the broad details and it just doesn't work.

From memory as I've already stated twice above it will result in HMRC seeing you as using 2 schemes so they will ask for the tax due on both schemes not just the one they are currently asking for money for.

But go ahead and join the scheme we just don't want to give the scam merchants any publicity or means of tricking others into joining..
                  Indeed.

When HMRC changed law retrospectively I bailed out immediately. If they could do it for DTA, they would do it for loan schemes. Some used loan schemes to try to pay the DTA money owed!

Sometimes one has to stop digging.....

Comment

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Don't fall victim to the scam artists a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Don't fall victim to the scam artists a second time.
                      I never make the same mistake twice. I make the same mistake loads of times just to be sure.

Clearly it is a very uneven playing field against HMRC.

Comment

Working...
                      X