• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overdrawn Capital Account Scheme (Aston Mae / Glen Mae / Procorre)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quaixy, I stopped using them almost 5 years ago and had relatively brief dealings with them, However, HMRC are circling and Sanderosa/Glen May/Procorre appear to be running for the hills, leaving us with a mess to deal with. As for your accountant, I would be inclined to look elsewhere.

Comment

Procorre

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Are Procorre still going? Have you looked at https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...ml#post1998863 ?

Are you using procorre consulting? Or some sort of payment scheme?
      They're still going, although there may be some subtle change to the company name.

I should have twigged when my GM relationship manager moved to Procorre & "poached" me from GM, then later Procorre announced it was taking over parts of Glen May.

Assuming Procorre are one & the same as Aston/Glen May & others: I really need a game plan for divorcing myself from them ASAP, getting any funds they're holding of mine drawn down & then, with some help from you guys, getting as good a deal as possible with HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by MK59 View Post
        Admin, please give me PM rights. Thanks
        Originally posted by MK59 View Post
        Administrator, can I have PM rights. Thanks.
        Both sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaixy View Post
          They're still going, although there may be some subtle change to the company name.

I should have twigged when my GM relationship manager moved to Procorre & "poached" me from GM, then later Procorre announced it was taking over parts of Glen May.

Assuming Procorre are one & the same as Aston/Glen May & others: I really need a game plan for divorcing myself from them ASAP, getting any funds they're holding of mine drawn down & then, with some help from you guys, getting as good a deal as possible with HMRC.
          Yes Glen May people all moved to Procorre when GM shut down (website etc) they do occasionally respond to mails but are sat at desks next to Procorre people. Sanderosa are in the same group too. It's typical scam, one company closes another springs up. The bit l find really hard is Procorre is still getting a lot of contractors on their books <mod snip>..Yes PM me. Lots and lots of us in the same boat.

Comment

The sooner you make the move the better. I am amazed any of these schemes still exist.

Roughly what sort of tax rate were you paying? Anything less than 35% then you should put that extra aside.

Did any of your tax returns have a DOTAS number on them?

Most people challenging HMRC have gone to BG. Some are settling via CLSO2. It is generally recommended to get advice before settling as there can be issues to do with HMRC going after inheritance tax etcetc.

Please let us know how you get on.

Comment

My god, if you're still with them terminate today. Don't listen to any lies from them. I found it hard to get out but wished l've left a lot sooner.

Comment

Please note that this thread is heavily moderated.

Please stick to facts and events. Your personal opinions on these matters will be removed.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

PM rights

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Both sorted.
                  Hi Admin,

Can I have PM rights please?
                  Thought I'd asked for this before, but can't see it unlike other posts/replies.

Comment

Hi Admin,

Can I have PM rights please?
                    Thought I'd asked for this before, but can't see it unlike other posts/replies.
                    Hi Quaixy, you do have PM rights. Click the name of the person you want to message and you will see a pop up - one of the options should be "Private Message" - hit that and it will open a page to send that person a message.

Comment

PM Rights please

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      Hi Quaixy, you do have PM rights. Click the name of the person you want to message and you will see a pop up - one of the options should be "Private Message" - hit that and it will open a page to send that person a message.
                      Could I have PM rights too please?

Comment

Working...
                      X