• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    It was in the latest legislation.

Yes it has had a number of technical changes.

The 1st October 2019 deadline is to report the loans.

The tax looks like falling due January 2020.

I'm afraid that there is no substitute for reading the forums, legislation, technical notes.

If that is not enough, you need to go and find some professional help.
    Is there one Govt link which details the whole Apr 2019 charge legislation introduced in the Nov budget ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarzinhio View Post
      Is there one Govt link which details the whole Apr 2019 charge legislation introduced in the Nov budget ?
      https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...2017-18-a.html

Clearly you have done almost no research.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...2017-18-a.html

Clearly you have done almost no research.....
        Thanks BrilloPad.
        Well obviously I have done some as knew about the Oct 2019 date. But these things, the detail and the language used is so complicated for the ordinary man to understand. I will review with diligence now :-)

Comment

Thanks BrilloPad.
          Well obviously I have done some as knew about the Oct 2019 date. But these things, the detail and the language used is so complicated for the ordinary man to understand. I will review with diligence now :-)
          Deliberately so by HMRC.

Comment

As previously advertised, the latest iteration of Big Group's resolution proposal closed last week.

Aside from a few special cases we are already aware of, we are no longer accepting joiners on previous terms.

Our assumption is that anybody interested in what we are doing will be joining the resolution process and that has its own fee structure. If you want to be part of Big Group, it will be necessary to enrol for the resolution as well.

If potential joiners are not wiling to be part of that process, Big Group is probably not for you.

It remains necessary to find a solution to the situation.

You can take HMRC's terms available until May 2018.
            You can continue to respond to HMRC enquiries but they will end in due course and a decision reached.
            You can go to litigation and there are some groups doing that.

The only option not available is to do nothing.

If you have an accountant - ask them for advice.

If you don't (or the accountant you have is unable or unwilling to help) I suggest that you find an adviser.

Thank you.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              As previously advertised, the latest iteration of Big Group's resolution proposal closed last week.

Aside from a few special cases we are already aware of, we are no longer accepting joiners on previous terms.

Our assumption is that anybody interested in what we are doing will be joining the resolution process and that has its own fee structure. If you want to be part of Big Group, it will be necessary to enrol for the resolution as well.

If potential joiners are not wiling to be part of that process, Big Group is probably not for you.

It remains necessary to find a solution to the situation.

You can take HMRC's terms available until May 2018.
              You can continue to respond to HMRC enquiries but they will end in due course and a decision reached.
              You can go to litigation and there are some groups doing that.

The only option not available is to do nothing.

If you have an accountant - ask them for advice.

If you don't (or the accountant you have is unable or unwilling to help) I suggest that you find an adviser.

Thank you.
              Hi webberg, so your resolution process is to go into ADR with HMRC rather than litigation. So discussions to try to resolve or come to an agreement? So if wanted to join now are the terms and costs outlined anywhere. Also are you covering Horizon clients or is it just one approach to cover all schemes. Thanks.

Comment

Hi webberg, so your resolution process is to go into ADR with HMRC rather than litigation. So discussions to try to resolve or come to an agreement? So if wanted to join now are the terms and costs outlined anywhere. Also are you covering Horizon clients or is it just one approach to cover all schemes. Thanks.
                ADR? Perhaps.

The terms and costs are available upon request. Posting them here is inappropriate and will lead to accusations of under the radar advertising.

Horizon is a scheme in our portfolio.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

'Big Group' is a sham, it's a Ponzi scheme, the poor saps who paid in since 2015 are now being financed from poor saps who are paying in in 2017.

The facts are this, Murray Group International spent millions defending their schemes, and lost. This boy from WTT thinks he can now use this to his advantage, I've seen his literature, it's all about the Rangers case, complete nonsense.

The 'moderator' cojak is apparently female, which explains a lot. I've no idea why a female is allowed to influence the life of men but there you go. Anyhow, the reality is, if you pay 'Big Group' TWO THOUSAND POUNDS, get your head checked out!

Me, personally, I will just not pay. The Poll Tax came in, riots on the streets. The Poll Tax was abandoned. Anyone thinking that 'financial advisors' will help them, god be with you.

Hopefully 'cojak' will let this post stand for a little bit, definitely does not like 'Big Group' to be criticised.

Comment

Originally posted by FakeHorizon View Post
                    'Big Group' is a sham, it's a Ponzi scheme, the poor saps who paid in since 2015 are now being financed from poor saps who are paying in in 2017.

The facts are this, Murray Group International spent millions defending their schemes, and lost. This boy from WTT thinks he can now use this to his advantage, I've seen his literature, it's all about the Rangers case, complete nonsense.

The 'moderator' cojak is apparently female, which explains a lot. I've no idea why a female is allowed to influence the life of men but there you go. Anyhow, the reality is, if you pay 'Big Group' TWO THOUSAND POUNDS, get your head checked out!

Me, personally, I will just not pay. The Poll Tax came in, riots on the streets. The Poll Tax was abandoned. Anyone thinking that 'financial advisors' will help them, god be with you.

Hopefully 'cojak' will let this post stand for a little bit, definitely does not like 'Big Group' to be criticised.
                    Are you for real?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Are you for real?
                      Looking back through post history, it seems yes.

I can understand he is very frustrated. However the enemy here is HMRC. FH needs to see their GP.

If people want to fight HMRC, their best bet is BG. Personally I reckon settling is best. I am concerned that HMRC will resile on settlement directly with them.

In my opinion(and my opinion is unimportant) Cojak has been a great moderator in professional forums. I am amazed FH thinks personal attacks will help.

HMRC have caused me severe mental health issues. I went to see my GP. I have a shrink and tablets. FH needs to go on the same path.

Comment

Working...
                      X