• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holding doors open for Women etiquette?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Don't be one of those pillocks that stands there holding it while you are 30 feet away meaning you feel obliged to run though. If she's a woman she knows you are doing it just to make her tits wiggle and if it's a bloke he will assume your gay and are watching his cock swinging. Either way don't so it.
    I get that problem. If I run mine drags along the floor.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      I get that problem. If I run mine drags along the floor.
      You got no legs you mean?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You got no legs you mean?
        That's just what he tells Atos

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Any woman who has a go at you tell her you open the door for everyone as you were brought up properly.
          eh? On what planet would someone have a go at someone else for being polite?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            eh? On what planet would someone have a go at someone else for being polite?
            Otherwise you'd be jumping up and down trying to reach the door handle.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

One should always let a Lady go first. Or was it come first?

Anyway, best bit about holding a door open for a Lady is you get a better chance to stare down her cleavage. Just try not to drool too much.

Comment

A cheerful and confident declaration of "Age before beauty!" usually dispels any illusions of sexism.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  Otherwise you'd be jumping up and down trying to reach the door handle.
                  Jumping on the bandwagon now are we?
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Jumping on the bandwagon now are we?
                    With my long legs, it's no problem at all.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                      Yeah, the etiquette of having to thank/acknowledge someone for something which you never asked them to do in the first place.

Was on the receiving end of a very snotty remark a few weeks ago when I didn't thank a woman for holding the door open, despite the fact my mind was on a minor family emergency.
                      Hmm and they also did not slam it in your face either - another thing you do not ask for - small mercies hey.....

How can you not notice someone holding a door open - you can recognise a door and you can therefore recognise you need to open it - if you do not need to open it is
                      a) Propped open by some non human device
                      b) Held open by a human

How you fail to notice the difference is beyond me but I imagine it is because you think you are special.

Comment

Working...
                      X