• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holding doors open for Women etiquette?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    eh? On what planet would someone have a go at someone else for being polite?
    Some men like to tell tales of 'feminists' who give them grief for holding a door open. It may possibly have happened to one man somewhere once, but probably didn't. (IIRC, wim claimed it happened to him all the time!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Some men like to tell tales of 'feminists' who give them grief for holding a door open. It may possibly have happened to one man somewhere once, but probably didn't. (IIRC, wim claimed it happened to him all the time!)
      But he was always masturbating at the time, so it may true.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

It does happen all the time.

And they are always wearing dungarees and I H8 Men badges

And they are called Millie Tant

Comment

Ah, I see. Bit like the swan who broke someone's arm once?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Ah, I see. Bit like the black swan who broke someone's arm once?
            FTFY
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

There are many old customs and etiquette that people just don't do any more.

1. Standing up when a lady enters the room
              2. Removing ones hat when entering a building, place of residence and a elevator.
              3. Opening the car door on the passenger side in which she is sitting.
              4. Calling her directly instead of text messages and e-mails with N.O.R.W.I.C.H

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                There are many old customs and etiquette that people just don't do any more.

1. Standing up when a lady enters the room
                2. Removing ones hat when entering a building, place of residence and a elevator.
                3. Opening the car door on the passenger side in which she is sitting.
                4. Calling her directly instead of text messages and e-mails with N.O.R.W.I.C.H
                No. 2: The place of residence is only relevant if it is not a building. The elevator would only apply if it was an outdoors elevator, else you would have already removed your hat.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  No. 2: The place of residence is only relevant if it is not a building. The elevator would only apply if it was an outdoors elevator, else you would have already removed your hat.
                  I think he means that you only have to remove your hat if you are entering an elevator that doubles as someone's home located inside a building.

Comment

Its ok i've found the answers : Etiquette of hat wearing for men

Interesting read.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The problem with the other person not taking the door from you is that you can end up holding the damn thing for ages while an entire procession troops past
                      On the other hand, it does give you good practice for your second career.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X