• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never selling an old PC on ebay again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I don't think there is any point selling anything on Ebay. Just give stuff to a charity shop, and save your time.
    Except baby car seats and electricals. Charity will not take that.

Amazing how many people will buy a baby car seat on ebay. How do they know it has not been in a crash?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Amazing how many people will buy a baby car seat on ebay. How do they know it has not been in a crash?
      How many?
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Except baby car seats and electricals. Charity will not take that.
        I take things charity shops won't take to the tip.

They can then end up halfway round the world when they are "recycled".
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I sell all my old baby stuff on ebay and most of it is in excellent condition.
          But I can understand baby seats.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
            I sell all my old baby stuff on ebay and most of it is in excellent condition.
            But I can understand baby seats.
            What do they say to you?
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I didn't know charity shops won't take electricals. I give them to mine. What do they do with them? Just bin them? I can understand why thinking about it.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I didn't know charity shops won't take electricals. I give them to mine. What do they do with them? Just bin them. I can understand why thinking about it.
                I think some charity shops have a qualified electrician who volunteers to check them or some such. But maybe I imagined it.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Lack of blood? The statistical unlikelihood given the tiny percentage of babies who are involved in car accidents, that any seat has been involved in an accident? The relative unlikelihood someone who was in a crash would sell their car-seat, coupled with the statistical unlikelihood given the tiny percentage of babies who are involved in car accidents, that any seat has been involved in an accident?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I didn't know charity shops won't take electricals. I give them to mine. What do they do with them? Just bin them? I can understand why thinking about it.
                    Many won't, some will.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Many won't, some will.
                      I tend to just drop of a couple of bags every so often after a big clear out and then just leave. Never actually made it clear there are electricals in. Might ask next time so they aren't just getting junked.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X