• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Never selling an old PC on ebay again!"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Bit of a strange lady if she's into bumming

( shurely it should have been pegging?)
    These days I outsource.

The old man gives and MF takes. They'll arrange a circle of love if required.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Is it only me that thought psychocandy was selling himself?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

If there is money involved she'll find a way.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Sorry about that. It was the Mrs and her first foray in to online advertising.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What about:

Sorry about that. It was the Mrs and her first foray in to online advertising.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    ****** ell it gets worse. I suspect some of you will find this funny.
    In the end I said mate put it all back, find the licence sticker and bring it back and **** off. I'll check it then do a paypal refund. So he does - dropped it off tonight.

Half a licence sticker and now it wont boot. All looks there but I've got the hassle and time of rebuilding it now whereas if was fine before. FFS.

So basically, it looks hes taken it apart, upgraded it, scraped the licence sticker off (why?) its not worked so hes decided he wants to send it back. Then obviously aint got a clue how to do so. Did he really think I wouldnt notice it didnt boot?

Luckily, got the PC back and aint done a refund yet. But eventually, even thought hes stupid he will figure out that he can get this back. ****** hassle or what. Next old PC is going in the skip!
    I found one of my servers in a skip! Do let me know in advance which one so I can pop round and collect it.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    What about:

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Did he make you sign a receipt upon its return?

If not, he's boned, because you can prove he collected it but he can't prove he returned it. But he knows where you live now so might just throw a brick through your window if you don't do exactly what he wants
    WHS

Or you might bump into him down the Dole Office.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I did make him sign a receipt saying it had been collected
    Did he make you sign a receipt upon its return?

If not, he's boned, because you can prove he collected it but he can't prove he returned it. But he knows where you live now so might just throw a brick through your window if you don't do exactly what he wants

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    In the end I said mate put it all back, find the licence sticker and bring it back and **** off. I'll check it then do a paypal refund. So he does - dropped it off tonight.

Half a licence sticker and now it wont boot. All looks there but I've got the hassle and time of rebuilding it now whereas if was fine before. FFS.

So basically, it looks hes taken it apart, upgraded it, scraped the licence sticker off (why?) its not worked so hes decided he wants to send it back. Then obviously aint got a clue how to do so. Did he really think I wouldnt notice it didnt boot?

Luckily, got the PC back and aint done a refund yet. But eventually, even thought hes stupid he will figure out that he can get this back. ****** hassle or what. Next old PC is going in the skip!
    Invoice the twat for the cost of the sticker.

At full retail, because that is in effect what he has cost you.

Re the aborted Win8 installation: Report him to MS as a pirate?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Never selling an old PC on ebay again!

Eekster. You're missing the beginning of the story. I let him collect and now hes returned it. (Bad idea to let someone pay using paypal and collect apparently).

So got the PC back, in worse condition. Presumably he'll wise up in a bit and claim the money back off paypal - then I wont be able to prove it was sent etc and they'll force me to refund.

Its an hours work to get it all working again but thats not the point. Should be able to knock the cost of my time off the refund......
    No I didn't miss the start of the story, and it's a very bad idea to allow collection with paypal payment, however it's even worse to return without delivery proof when trying to get a refund via paypal as they will require proof of postal return when he asks them to give him his money back.

Just remember I'm crueler and more vindictive than you think I am. And I lot more conniving

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Trouble is ebay will force you to offer paypal as a payment option. There is no choice these days. If buyer wants to pay cash, you have to offer it.
    That's one big reason not to use eBay.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you had a look at his ebay feedback? You sure he doesn't make a habit of buying old PC's off ebay, recovering the disks for information, scrubbing the licence key off so he has it and you can't reuse it, swaps the internals out for crap stuff and then gives you it back expecting a full refund?

Sounds like a pretty clever move if you can find some stupid chunt to pull it on.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Oddly enough I don't think they will. They will find it very sad and disappointing... and not out of sympathy for the situation you have put yourself in.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Whats the problem. Does he have proof that he has returned it to you....

When he complains accept the return on condition that he returns it (which requires a trackable delivery service). Then complain that you haven't received it....
    Eekster. You're missing the beginning of the story. I let him collect and now hes returned it. (Bad idea to let someone pay using paypal and collect apparently).

So got the PC back, in worse condition. Presumably he'll wise up in a bit and claim the money back off paypal - then I wont be able to prove it was sent etc and they'll force me to refund.

Its an hours work to get it all working again but thats not the point. Should be able to knock the cost of my time off the refund......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X