• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC and MSM Double Standards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Are you for real? Ron Paul extremely right wing??

Take a look at this:

Frank Zappa and Ron Paul on the dangers of American Fascism

Sounds like the voice of reason to me & he's merely reiterating what FZ said 20 years earlier.

Edit: and as for the quotes, were they directly attributable to him? You quote no source or provide any reference.
    Dr. Ron Paul's Freedom Report, The Ron Paul Survival Report, the Ron Paul Investment Letter, and the Ron Paul Political Report, produced while he wasn't in Congress:

Angry White Man | New Republic

TNR Exclusive: More Selections From Ron Paul

Ron Paul and the racist newsletters (Fact Checker biography) - The Washington Post

Old issue causing new problem for Ron Paul - Rick Perry 2012 Campaign for President

CNN.com - Transcripts

And the Tea Party aren't right wing? Mind you they're a bit like Ukip in one way:

The Tea Party does not have a single uniform agenda.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Dr. Ron Paul's Freedom Report, The Ron Paul Survival Report, the Ron Paul Investment Letter, and the Ron Paul Political Report, produced while he wasn't in Congress:

Angry White Man | New Republic

TNR Exclusive: More Selections From Ron Paul

Ron Paul and the racist newsletters (Fact Checker biography) - The Washington Post

Old issue causing new problem for Ron Paul - Rick Perry 2012 Campaign for President

CNN.com - Transcripts

And the Tea Party aren't right wing? Mind you they're a bit like Ukip in one way:
      I'd give about as much credence to anything I read in the source of your first 2 links as I would anything from David Icke, Alex Jones etc...

Moving on to the first indictment in the Washington Post:

Many of the derogatory comments came from a 1992 commentary in the Political Report titled “A Special Issue on Racial Terrorism.” The article blames African American men for the L.A. riots, saying, “The criminals who terrorized our cities — in riots and on every non-riot day — are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are.”
      Well, that's largely true isn't it? Except that you're not allowed to say it of course. Remember David Starkey after the London riots and the opprobrium he attracted?

The article then moves on to detail a few excerpts from a newsletter that carried his name but the articles therein "contain no bylines and no signatures" and he later told CNN in 2008 that “I honestly do not know who wrote those things”.

A couple more things - MLK -“world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours.” - I thought that was common knowledge? Even Frank Zappa acknowledges this in his autobiography, well the philandering bit anyway.

..and further down re voting against giving Rosa Parks the Congressional Medal:
      To be fair, he opposed giving the medal to Mother Teresa and Pope John Paul II as well, so it doesn’t appear race had anything to do with his stance.
      Sorry, he just doesn't sound like an "extremely right wing person" to me. If you'd have just said right wing, I probably wouldn't have bothered but "extremely right wing" is insinuating that he's in the same league as John Tyndall, Nick Griffin, David Duke et al and that's clearly not the case.
      Last edited by Gittins Gal; 2 June 2014, 07:51.

Comment

Working...
      X