• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC and MSM Double Standards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Eh? How many times has Nigel Farage and member of the Thatcher on Steroids Ukip been on QT yet how many times has a member of the Green Party been on it and they actually have a real MP?
    I've seen Caroline Lucas on QT a number of timers as it happens.

But you're missing the point - this goes way beyond QT and the way that the MSM will indulge people like Barton who are criminals yet consign anyone who says something un-pc to a trial by media which invariably ends up with the perpetrator's career on the scrapheap.

Though, I see now that poor old Joey is finding out that being in the media spotlight is somewhat of a double edge sword after last night's appearance as he seems to be getting a right royal rodgering from some quarters regarding his 4 ugly girls comment.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Anyone who has to go to bed hungry because they had no food and were not willing to break the law to steal it

Anyone who does not go on holiday because they have no money and are not willing to break the law to steal it

Anyone who has been able to attend an event because they could not afford a dinner jacket and were not willing.... etc

But you get the point.

Anytime anyone does not do something because they cannot afford it has been snubbed by this.

Probably
      No, not really. Do you mean that QT should invite somebody with that background onto the show rather than anyone who has been convicted of a crime?

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        I've seen Caroline Lucas on QT a number of timers as it happens.

But you're missing the point - this goes way beyond QT and the way that the MSM will indulge people like Barton who are criminals yet consign anyone who says something un-pc to a trial by media which invariably ends up with the perpetrator's career on the scrapheap.

Though, I see now that poor old Joey is finding out that being in the media spotlight is somewhat of a double edge sword after last night's appearance as he seems to be getting a right royal rodgering from some quarters regarding his 4 ugly girls comment.
        Nope, just pointing out the 'left wing' agenda of the BCC is not all what it seems: BBC receives almost 1,200 complaints over Ukip election coverage | Media | theguardian.com
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Eh? How many times has Nigel Farage and member of the Thatcher on Steroids Ukip been on QT yet how many times has a member of the Green Party been on it and they actually have a real MP?
          Well UKIP are not a racist party, so are not a good example.
          The point is, has there ever been anyone on QT who HAS been convicted of an offence involving racism? I don't think so.

Comment

Nope, just pointing out the 'left wing' agenda of the BCC is not all what it seems: BBC receives almost 1,200 complaints over Ukip election coverage | Media | theguardian.com
            I wonder how many of those were fabricated by Labour or Tory HQ?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Well UKIP are not a racist party, so are not a good example.
              The point is, has there ever been anyone on QT who HAS been convicted of an offence involving racism? I don't think so.
              Nick Griffin:

In 1998, Griffin was convicted of distributing material likely to incite racial hatred, for which he received a suspended prison sentence.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Nick Griffin:
                OK I stand corrected. And he was, as you say, on Question Time a year or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  OK I stand corrected. And he was, as you say, on Question Time a year or so ago.
                  He's definitely a racist.

He got a right royal rogering on QT too. You can argue the rights and wrongs about the stitch up that he was subjected to but he is an extremely unpleasant individual as are the rest of his henchmen and I'm glad that the hatchet job that was Nick Griffin's QT appearance turned out to be the undoing of the BNP.

That said, I'm uneasy about the undemocratic bullying manner in which it was done and I'm sure that that the same people would have no qualms over pulling the same stunt on Nigel Farage should they have sufficient ammo.

Fortunately Nige has never denied the Holocaust or rubbed shoulders with Dave Duke so I think he's fairly safe from something on that scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post

Fortunately Nige has never denied the Holocaust or rubbed shoulders with Dave Duke so I think he's fairly safe from something on that scale.
                    Nope, but he has met, and is cahoots with some deeply unpleasant people. Although the following picture shows some people who are rather unlikeable (not unlike some of his bedfellows in other European parties), they are not exactly bed fellows of the common man nor the UK:

- we have Ron Paul, otherwise known as the 'Godfather of the Tea Party', an extremely right wing person. For example he used to produce a newsletter with such statements as :

"...I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in [Washington, DC] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

"Boy, it sure burns me to have a national holiday for that pro-communist philanderer, Martin Luther King. I voted against this outrage time and time again as a congressman. What an infamy that Ronald Reagan approved it! We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day!"

“I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities. They could also not be as promiscuous. Is it any coincidence that the AIDS epidemic developed after they came 'out of the closet,' and started hyper-promiscuous sodomy? I don't believe so, medically or morally.”
                    - then we have Jim Rogers, co-founder with George Soros of the Quantum Fund. This is the fund that, supposedly, “breaking” the Bank of England and Rogers and Soros reportedly made billions by betting against Sterling, eventually forcing the devaluation of the pound. He tried it again in '92 by calling the pound a 'basket case' of currencies amongst all other currencies trying to cause a run on it in order to make a few million, didn't work that time. Not really someone that a UK loving politician should be cosying up to

Comment

:

- we have Ron Paul, otherwise known as the 'Godfather of the Tea Party', an extremely right wing person.
                      Are you for real? Ron Paul extremely right wing??

Take a look at this:

Frank Zappa and Ron Paul on the dangers of American Fascism

Sounds like the voice of reason to me & he's merely reiterating what FZ said 20 years earlier.

Edit: and as for the quotes, were they directly attributable to him? You quote no source or provide any reference.
                      Last edited by Gittins Gal; 31 May 2014, 22:46.

Comment

Working...
                      X