• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xsl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
    This was the point of the story - there wasn't any freaks.
    That was a false story then: whoever made it should spend some quality time in the exclusion zone around Chernobil.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      That was a false story then: whoever made it should spend some quality time in the exclusion zone around Chernobil.
      They did - no signs of damage to any of the wild life that stayed in the area.

Found the link BBC Horizon
      Blair, you cannot reach me now,
      No matter how you try,
      Goodbye cruel Labour,
      Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Everything there was cleansed even before USSR went away - that included people, animals anything: they were hit by radiation initial weeks when it got out, after that they patched up the reactor so that radiation few km around of it was not that bad, that's why animals and humans AFTER that point were not immediately affected, but those who were around that place got hit badly.

To say all is fine around Chernobyl is the same as say all is okay in Hiroshima and no side effects present.

Comment

Shhh! What's that frantic tapping sound?

Oh! It's only AtW furiously Googling for something to support his latest clueless statement.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

So a happy ending - cheap, reliable nuclear power with only a few mutant Ruskies. It is the logical answer to today's energy requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

To say all is fine around Chernobyl is the same as say all is okay in Hiroshima and no side effects present.
              Something they don't mention in the tourist guides.
              Blair, you cannot reach me now,
              No matter how you try,
              Goodbye cruel Labour,
              Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Use the right tag, and an include.

Just thought I'd get arround to writting something.

You need to use xsl Includes (<xsl:include href="uri" /> )to include the headers and footers, then you don't have to worry about having and open ended tag,
                Cause everything will open and close, like it should.

All nice and modular. And you call a named template when you want to use them, it's about your processes design.
                Somethings in life are free,

for everything else I charge.

Comment

I have created my own layer of interpretation on top with include statement.

Including is not a problem in XSL - lack of true variables and constructs that 99.999% of programmers used to is a horrible design decision.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I have created my own layer of interpretation on top with include statement.

Including is not a problem in XSL - lack of true variables and constructs that 99.999% of programmers used to is a horrible design decision.
                    For the umpteenth time: XSL is not a 'programming' language.

You can also parse the document tree yourself in whatever language you want to use so I can't see what your problem is.

I recommend a good read of "Essential XML - Beyond Markup" by Box, Skonnard and Lam. Published by Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-201-70914-7.
                    Last edited by bogeyman; 9 September 2006, 13:40.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                      For the umpteenth time: XSL is not a 'programming' language.
                      If they have "variable" keyword then it should behave as variable, ie: vary, not be constant.

The designers of XSL should be put to the wall for playing games rather than creating functional thing that will save lots of time for programmers around the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X