• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xsl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remember kiddies, that XML and XSLT will be obsolete in 20 years...
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

And so will all of us... and so will all of us...

Hurray

P.S .Net will still be going though.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

People are never obsolete, only skills and technologies.

I doubt even .Net will be in existance.

I think the IT industry is going to crash in about 10 years when energy becomes significantly more expensive. CPU time is going to start costing real money again unless we stop using so much inefficient but convenient self-propelling abstractions (XML, .Net, OO, Java, nice looking UIs)

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
          I think the IT industry is going to crash in about 10 years when energy becomes significantly more expensive.
          CPUs are not going anywhere - a lot of energy is wasted via fossil fuels, plus at current oil prices (>70 USD) it makes economic sense to start making oil from coal (supplies of which are plentyful), the only reason its not done is because everyone is waiting out for oil price to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            CPUs are not going anywhere - a lot of energy is wasted via fossil fuels, plus at current oil prices (>70 USD) it makes economic sense to start making oil from coal (supplies of which are plentyful), the only reason its not done is because everyone is waiting out for oil price to fall.
            Hardly clean burn fuel and is hard to refine. Coal is also expensive to transport and hard to refine into a portable medium for vehicles.

Comment

Well, if Germans could make gaz from coal while being bombed big time, then I am sure it will be doable during peaceful times.

There are plenty of oil fields that have lots of oil, but it needs extra processing and it will only economically make sense for prices above 60 USD or so - this is less than current market prices, but if there was long term guarantee that prices will be held then a lot more supply would have been available.

Comment

We have plenty of energy - nuclear power - so what if a few reactors go up the Kyber - we can afford to lose a few million people here and there. Just make sure they build the British ones in Scotland.

Comment

Retard - when Chernobyl had issues (and it was not a full blown explosion) then thousands miles away people had increase in cancer and other illnesses. If something happens with reactor in Scotland then everyone might as well leave this island for a thousand years or so.

Comment

So set up nuclear power generation in the southern hemisphere and distribute it worldwide - If a reactor 'has issues' there is lots of empty space and not too many 'real people' to affect.

Comment

In fact, if we could just flip the Americas through 180 so that the USA was in the south and some of my favourite Brasilians were in the north, we could have the makings of a perfect solution

Comment

Working...
                      X