• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

one for the weekend or Monday links

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    But homebrew also makes you drunk.
    Indeed, and at 40p/pint is worth the trouser rotting farts. But not at the clientco. Weekend only activity.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      That's only because you are not drinking enough. Just drink more to forget the effects.
      A beer flavoured ponzi scheme. I would like it except it'll always be me whos left with the mess after it collapses.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I was actually hoping for feedback after someone had tried the method.
        I heard that when people go visit MFs wife they eat quite a bit of yeast. Sometimes there may be yoghurt applied too.

Comment

"He reached in his bag and withdrew a Perfect Pint glass, the shapely, angle-rimmed piece of glassware his brewery helped design back in 2007 and sent the waiter back to the tap" - I'd like to see him try that in a real British pub

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            how to not get drunk on a night out

https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...212500989.html

I've not tried it but looking forward to CUKer's feedback
            Doesn't work. Both Yeast and the ADH enzyme need a balanced to alkali ph level to be viable. ph in the stomach is 1-2. The yeast will die and the ADH be broken down by the acid long before it does anything to the alcohol.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Does it stop hangovers though?
              Also, if the alcohol dehydrogenase in those yeasts he eats breaks down the alcohol faster than your body can eliminate the byproducts, mainly acetaldehyde, then presumably you'll end up with an excess dose of that, which is then further oxidized to acetic acid.

With all those toxic chemicals swilling about to excess in your body, no wonder companies are concerned about the potential liabilities of the daft idea.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X