• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It breaks my heart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My children love MacDonalds. I don't like it but I take them every so often, probably every couple of months.
    They also like pizza, although my 2 year old is more excited about talking to the delivery guy at the door than actually eating his pizza.
    They love chips from the chippie as well, and think it is fantastic to come with me and sit on the seats

To be honest I think what they love most is the fact that all of these activities have been labelled treats and they love that aspect of it.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Are you sure that you didn't mean to post this on mumsnet?

Sheesh, the occasional McDs isn't going to do any harm at all to anyone.

Comment

But according to the DM:

Survey finds fizzy drinks and sweets better for wellbeing of seven-year-olds | Mail Online

If fizzy drink boost wellbeing, maybe burgers do to.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
          Are you sure that you didn't mean to post this on mumsnet?

Sheesh, the occasional McDs isn't going to do any harm at all to anyone.
          Yeah, just look at MF. Oh...

Comment

McD's isn't the healthiest meal in the world but occasional consumption isn't going to hurt anybody. Ditto KFC. A bit of what you fancy does you good.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              To see a mother taking her kids into Macdonald's thinking they're in for a treat. Poor darlings don't know what their mother is doing to the inside of their bodies with that stuff.
              Neither do you. Poor quality doesn't inherently mean less healthy, only less tasty.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Scooter - you might want to report me to social services....

I dropped a complete bollock with Easter Sunday Lunch and we ended up with Big Macs and a happy meal for Jnr
                The problem is deeper than I thought.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  The problem is deeper than I thought.
                  Don't know what you are saying, your mother must have been chewing on lead pipes when she was having you.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I don't actually see what is wrong with McDs. It might not taste amazing but as food goes it is well made product and cooked fresh for you..
                    OMG
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

for years MaccyDs have been working on nutrition & quality. Intrinsically their food is 'properly made' and of acceptable quality.

http://www1.mcdonalds.ca/NutritionCa...ionFactsEN.pdf

There is a fair amount of sugar and salt , they still have trans fats in them as well. I suspect its unlikely you will find alsation in the burgers like some other fast food joints.

But the same could be said of crisps or sweets.

The kids like it because its tailored to their tastes.

My kids get to go there once a quarter or less.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X