• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know how to order a contract mobile phone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I guess wifey is also getting a company phone.....
    Is that allowed if she is merely the "token secretary"?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I cannot possibly comment but considering I can't justify buying my own contract via the company I really couldn't justify buying Mrs Eek's contract that way.
      Last edited by eek; 28 April 2014, 12:00.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The role of senior piemaker is demanding one.

Comment

If she is an officer of the company or director, then yes. If she is an employee of the company, then yes. If she is neither, then no.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Does company secretary constitute "an officer of the company"?

If so I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with "I made you the secretary merely because the law required the company had a company secretary, on the basis you would play no part in running the company, so now the company is going to pay for you to have a top-end smartphone".

That's exactly the kind of "this wasn't what the law intended but it's legal until they realise the loophole so let's do it" mentality which all these dodgy tax schemes are based on...

Comment

If so I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with "I made you the secretary merely because the law required the company had a company secretary, on the basis you would play no part in running the company, so now the company is going to pay for you to have a top-end smartphone".

That's exactly the kind of "this wasn't what the law intended but it's legal until they realise the loophole so let's do it" mentality which all these dodgy tax schemes are based on...
              As you've not need a company secretary since 6th April 2008 I don't have one.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes.

If you only have a company secretary because there used to be a requirement to have one, then you may as well remove them from their position and notify Companies House of their termination by completing form 288b.

If someone is your Company Secretary but has no part in running the company, then their are either naive or foolish - the company secretary can be criminally liable for defaults by the company (eg. failure to update the registers, failure to complete the company return to Companies House), so if they aren't aware of that, then you probably have bigger company issues to resolve than whether they can have a company phone or not.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  As you've not need a company secretary since 6th April 2008 I don't have one.
                  This is the crux of it of course - so many of us must still have their spouse as secretary because the company was set up prior to this date.

Comment

Working...
                  X