• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving Licence Renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Still got the green paper one.

Which is good for at least another 10 years or so.
    The Swiss authorities sent mine back to Swansea when I swapped it for a license here.

And sent them an accompanying letter in German.

I'd love to know what Swansea made of that.

I wasn't optimistic that they'd understand a word of it.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

You just go to the post office, they take your photo and record your signature and then new photocard comes in the post a week later. It's not rocket science.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        You just go to the post office, they take your photo and record your signature and then new photocard comes in the post a week later. It's not rocket science.

rocket engineering
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          To be fair - you may be perfectly right is saying the 'license' expires, but in the context of NLUK's post/responses license == right to drive.
          In my case my licence expired in September. it is still going through medical renewal. I still have the right to drive under some part of the rta because I have made the application.

The situation is similar with photocard. But the thing to be careful of is insurance. Most policys require holding a valid licence. Not juzt holding the right to drive.

Comment

Like another poster said, it's an ID card by the back door.

Neither do I like their threat of a £1000 fine if you don't renew on time. How dare they - what is this, a fascist state?

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
              Like another poster said, it's an ID card by the back door.

Neither do I like their threat of a £1000 fine if you don't renew on time. How dare they - what is this, a fascist state?
              It is still a Blairist state. Wot happened to Mr Clegg's big bill to get rid of all those intrusions into liberty?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I think you can get one on the day at the Lego Driving School

Driving School - LEGOLAND
                The Eek jrs have those from a visit 4 years ago. They continually claim to be able to drive cars because of it....

Personally they are going nowhere near my 184bhp mini.....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Personally they are going nowhere near my 184bhp mini.....
                  Why? Do they refuse to drive hairdresser cars?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Why? Do they refuse to drive hairdresser cars?
                    Nowt wrong with a hairdresser car, I bought it to get me from a to b not all the family, we have a Zafira to do that
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Nowt wrong with a hairdresser car, I bought it to get me from a to b not all the family, we have a Zafira to do that
                      A mumsnetmobile!
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X