• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the women at the church I go to run a business based on Christianity. You do not have to be a Christian to work there but they have prayer meetings every day etc. The company was doing well due to the guidance that they were receiving from their God.

Oddly, when the economy downturned they lost business and had to make redundancies just like companies that did not regularly pray.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Do you know American law?

And even in the uk that isn't the case
      And just to prove the point from Traidcraft

it will be an occupational requirement that a
      practising Christian is needed for some specified roles. This is not a requirement for this role.
      The same requirement is allowed and applied for leadership roles within Church of England and Catholic schools (I deal with both on a volunteer basis),
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

As Eek says, in a rare display of common sense trumping political correctness, in the UK you can certainly apply for exemption from certain anti-discriminatory laws. e.g a religious organisation can require people adhering to their religion, a refuge for beaten women can hire women exclusively, etc, a film about Nelson Mandela can only audition people who are black, etc.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So what about:

"conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner"

I thought the whole point was that we could never do that - that's why he died for our sins etc.

Comment

It should be prefixed with "seek to" if you want to split hairs

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              As Eek says, in a rare display of common sense trumping political correctness, in the UK you can certainly apply for exemption from certain anti-discriminatory laws. e.g a religious organisation can require people adhering to their religion, a refuge for beaten women can hire women exclusively, etc, a film about Nelson Mandela can only audition people who are black, etc.
              Religious organisation can only specify that in leadership roles, the gardener doesn't have to be a Bible basher. The refuge can and in my opinion should hire Gay men as well. Casting for a historical or topical drama should be allowed to restrict with supporting evidence.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

the perfect relation from JC's poin tof view
                Articles

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Religious organisation can only specify that in leadership roles, the gardener doesn't have to be a Bible basher. The refuge can and in my opinion should hire Gay men as well. Casting for a historical or topical drama should be allowed to restrict with supporting evidence.
                  Refuges for beaten women should actually employ straight men as otherwise you are re-enforcing a negative steroetype that all men will beat women.

In fact the shelters should actually help the victom identify the man who has beaten them and ensurte that the victim recongnises that it was that person who perpetrated the violence and not the male half of the race.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Religious organisation can only specify that in leadership roles, the gardener doesn't have to be a Bible basher
                    Source?
                    The refuge can and in my opinion should hire Gay men as well.
                    You're confusing what they "can" do legally and what they "can" do when you put yourself in the mindset of a battered woman... which is entirely for them to decide as long as they do so within the law.

I can't see why battered wives would only feel unsafe around straight men though. I said a refuge for beaten women, not raped women.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Refuges for beaten women should actually employ straight men as otherwise you are re-enforcing a negative steroetype that all men will beat women.
                      No you're not

Comment

Working...
                      X