• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six-year-old schoolboy suspended for having Mini Cheddars in his lunchbox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're teachers, not nutritionists. They've implemented a policy of healthy eating, and the children/parents should stick to it.

Sure, you may be able to pick holes in their policy, but if the parents follow it reasonably, the kids will get a balanced lunch, which was the original goal.

Replace the mini-chedders with an apple. Probably the same cost and no additional effort.

The parents are making an issue out of somthing trivial, and the lad is paying the price.
    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

There's a lot of sugar in an apple.

Cue someone blithering on about it being "natural" sugar in 3..2..1...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        There's a lot of sugar in an apple.

Cue someone blithering on about it being "natural" sugar in 3..2..1...
        Yes there is. But this is a healthy eating policy for a primary school. I don't think a general teaching of...

fruit/vegetables/salad = good
        processed crisps/biscuits/cake/chocolate = bad

...is worth getting your knickers in a twist for. As they get older, the teaching of nutrition should (I hope) be tailored to a more advanced level.
        If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          A nice carrot.

Except there's sugar in those as well.
          Help you see in the dark, though

I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Little known fact that carrots can make your poo go red too.

Comment

A nice carrot.

Except there's sugar in those as well.
              Well how about, instead, a huge bowl of sugar ... oh wait ...
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                Yes there is. But this is a healthy eating policy for a primary school. I don't think a general teaching of...

fruit/vegetables/salad = good
                processed crisps/biscuits/cake/chocolate = bad

...is worth getting your knickers in a twist for. As they get older, the teaching of nutrition should (I hope) be tailored to a more advanced level.
                Vegetables are generally not a problem, fruit often is and fruit juice generally is. You now see fruit juice being advised against because the good stuff is vastly outweighed by unrefined sugar... it's quite easy to get vitamins/nutrients these days but quite hard to keep unrefined sugar intake low when it's so prevalent.

Sad but true - fruit juice and milk are both as or more calorific than beer.
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Vegetables are generally not a problem, fruit often is and fruit juice generally is. You now see fruit juice being advised against because the good stuff is vastly outweighed by unrefined sugar... it's quite easy to get vitamins/nutrients these days but quite hard to keep unrefined sugar intake low when it's so prevalent.

Sad but true - fruit juice and milk are both as or more calorific than beer.
                  So there you go, send him in with an apple and a bottle of beer. Problem solved.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                    and the lad is paying the price.
                    That what bothers me about this whole situation - punish the child for the deeds of the parents. Poor kid.

Comment

Beetroot!

That'd make the buggers panic.

Wee red & tulip red.

Always very alarming.
                      Beetroot is a triathlete superfood! Lots of nitrate! Very good for getting energy to muscles from food.

Comment

Working...
                      X