• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six-year-old schoolboy suspended for having Mini Cheddars in his lunchbox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think in the south they're quite rare, but up north they're everywhere.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Riley and Jayden? Prison material for sure.

Starts with a Scotch egg, ends with armed robbery. Mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Riley and Jayden? Prison material for sure.

Starts with a Scotch egg, ends with armed robbery. Mark my words.
        SNOB!!!

You are really Katie Hopkins.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I told you there was more to this story than the moaning parents were telling.

Him AND his brother have now been expelled.

Boy, 6, suspended for taking Mini Cheddars to school, now EXPELLED | Mail Online

Sounds pretty clear cut now the facts are actually coming out.
          I don't see what's clear?

Head teachers of state schools can't just kick kids out because the parents mouthed off to the press.

In fact mouthing off to the press would NOT be a relevant consideration.

If you want to expel a child it has to be because of the child's behaviour.

The Head is more mini Hitler than mini Cheddar.

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post

Head teachers of state schools can't just kick kids out because the parents mouthed off to the press.

In fact mouthing off to the press would NOT be a relevant consideration.

The Head is more mini Hitler than mini Cheddar.
            It isn't just because of the press and yes you can if it brings the school in to disrepute. Read the article and comment on all the other factors, not just one.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's not a state school, it's an academy.

Not true.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

As it's a church school, I wonder if God actually told the head to expel the kids or if he just knows that this is what Jesus would do.

Suffer not little children to come unto me with scotch eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  It isn't just because of the press and yes you can if it brings the school in to disrepute. Read the article and comment on all the other factors, not just one.
                  No of course you can't be expelled because your parents criticised you in the press. There are specific criteria for exclusion, they must be followed as they have the force of law under the 2012 School Discipline Regulations:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...rral_units.pdf

Very specifically:

"It is unlawful to exclude or to increase the severity of an exclusion for a non-disciplinary reason. For example, it would be unlawful to exclude a pupil simply because they have additional needs or a disability that the school feels it is unable to meet, or for a reason such as: academic attainment / ability; the action of a pupil’s parents; or the failure of a pupil to meet specific conditions before they are reinstated. Pupils who repeatedly disobey their teachers’ academic instructions could, however, be subject to exclusion"

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                    It's not a state school, it's an academy.
                    You obviously don't have the first clue about education.

An academy is a state school.

You are thinking of a 'maintained school', which this isn't, it is still however 100% a 'state' school'.

Not true.
                    Indeed.
                    Last edited by dude69; 6 February 2014, 15:10.

Comment

No of course you can't be expelled because your parents criticised you in the press. There are specific criteria for exclusion, they must be followed as they have the force of law under the 2012 School Discipline Regulations:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...rral_units.pdf

Very specifically:

"It is unlawful to exclude or to increase the severity of an exclusion for a non-disciplinary reason. For example, it would be unlawful to exclude a pupil simply because they have additional needs or a disability that the school feels it is unable to meet, or for a reason such as: academic attainment / ability; the action of a pupil’s parents; or the failure of a pupil to meet specific conditions before they are reinstated. Pupils who repeatedly disobey their teachers’ academic instructions could, however, be subject to exclusion"
                      Plus the constant rule breaking and the fact the parents made it clear they will still refuse to comply, and the abuse towards staff and so on and so on.....
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X