• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's been banned and why? Your right to reply.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moderator View Post
    We are preparing a list.
    checking it twice?

going to find out who is naughty or nice

or just going for the typical mod approach of random selection.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      checking it twice?

going to find out who is naughty or nice

or just going for the typical mod approach of random selection.....
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        It's true. Admin is a <modsnip> mean bastid when you meet him IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator View Post
          We are preparing a list.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            And it took you three days to ban him? Suppose that not bad for someone of your reputation
            Add in that admin posted in the same thread without issue, and you're back to the famous CUK continuity of moderation.

Reminds me of the time I got moderated by two moderators for the same post - 1 point infraction from one, three day ban from the other
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What happened behind the scenes was the post was noted but left to stand. Then a complaint was received (not from SY01, funnily enough), which was (after tossing a coin careful consideration) acted on.

Think of your one point infraction as raised to a three day ban on appeal. We do talk to each other.
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 8 February 2015, 09:03. Reason: Reinforce meme of randomness
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

For the record, I said not to ban the twunt as he's clearly got enough issues.

HTH
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Like anyone ever listens to you.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Apparently it was all about using the word TWIT, but spelled with a different vowel. That word seems to have been used frequently enough in the past to maintain the clear evidence of random moderation behaviour.
                    If it was such a terrible word then it could even be added to the filter perhaps?

Maybe after Suity added the tale of woe of his aged relative passing on (truthful or not, we will never know or care) exception was taken to my welcoming Suity back by mentioning his typical and well proven behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      TWIT
                      You are on the list........

Comment

Working...
                      X