• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists Develop Cancer-Killing Protein

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I'd say to anyone affected is be a bit more aggressive, insist on examinations until they are sure you are totally in the clear, don't keep believing the assurances they give you, it can all go downhill much faster than you imagine.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      The only thing I'd say to anyone affected is be a bit more aggressive, insist on examinations until they are sure you are totally in the clear, don't keep believing the assurances they give you, it can all go downhill much faster than you imagine.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Too true. My own father was working on the car one day and was in the ground three months later when diagnosed with prostate cancer. You'll never believe how fast it acts.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This has the potential to be wonderful news. I am so happy that medical science is making inroads into many of life's biggest killers such as heart disease, HIV, and now cancer. It's a great time to be alive!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            This has the potential to be wonderful news. I am so happy that medical science is making inroads into many of life's biggest killers such as heart disease, HIV, and now cancer. It's a great time to be alive!
            +1

it gives hope.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              medical science is making inroads into many of life's biggest killers such as HIV
              In fact 7.6m people die each year from cancer whereas HIV has only killed around 25m in total. I'm rather cross that so much money has been spent on AIDS research which could have been so much better spent on cancer - a disease which kills many many more people.

This from 2008!
              Experts rethinking billions spent on AIDS - Health - AIDS | NBC News

And from 2010
              U.S. Taxpayers Spend Twice as Much Globally on AIDS as on All Other Diseases, GAO Reports | CNS News

It's a scandal. But then again people dying of cancer and children in Africa dying of malaria aren't as "in your face" as activist homosexuals in California

Comment

Working...
              X