• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists Develop Cancer-Killing Protein

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'm going to say it again. Consider food related and alternative medicine. My friends mum beat cancer this way. If in your case, combined with the chemo, it buys more time it could a great thing if in the mean time one of these things comes onilne as you put it.
    Personally I'd have more faith in the role of a healthy diet in helping to prevent getting cancer in the first place. Why not take your own advice and clean up your act before you get sick?
    Last edited by mudskipper; 11 January 2014, 18:29.

Comment

Positive research, progress being made. We all wish that the breakthroughs would come quicker and easier, but the sheer complications around how many cancers there are and how they work preclude that.

Can only hope that the researchers make more progress and maybe there's a few inspired jump forward events.

Comment

Not really that helpful a comment was that?

There are loads of cases of it helping people, and I am fortunate enough to know and be able to ratify one of those cases as being genuine. Regardless of what alternative therapies Steve Jobs took, it doesn't debunk it all now does it.

I also think Steve Jobs had an extremely aggressive form of pancreatic cancer and did well to last as long as he did, probably because of the top notch care he was receiving, in no small part to his enormous wealth I'm sure.
        And how do you know these !"alternatives worked"?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'm going to say it again. Consider food related and alternative medicine. My friends mum beat cancer this way....
          Well, my friend's dad tried those things and die of mesothalisoma, so that "proves" it doesn't work. So, please, don't say it again.

Eat healthily by all means - the chances are you'll live longer than with a crap diet. But there are no guarantees and stories of people beating cancer through diet, homeoepathy, crystals, chiropracy etc. are so much horsetulip.

Your body cures itself of cancer all the time. It's the way it works. It's only when that mechanism fails for some reason that what we call cancer develops. Even then, sometimes the immune system causes cancer to go away all by itself.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I really was only trying to help. As I said before, my friends mum chose not to take the chemo route, and believes that her method was what cured her.

Bit of a pack mentality forming so I'll scarper before I get more stick while genuinely trying to help.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I really was only trying to help. As I said before, my friends mum chose not to take the chemo route, and believes that her method was what cured her.

Bit of a pack mentality forming so I'll scarper before I get more stick while genuinely trying to help.
              Thing is suity, you've said it several times including (I think you said) a PM to doodab. So doodab knows about your friend's mum and has enough information to make his own decision about whether it's something he wants to persue. "Saying it again" doesn't add anything. Having said that, if you're ill, you'd be daft not to try and have a healthy diet with enough nutrients and antioxidants to give you the best chance with whatever treatment you are having. But with the odd exception, where lack of a specific nutrient has caused illness (scurvy for example) there simply is no scientific evidence that diet cures diseases such as cancer.

Most are sceptical about such miracle cures - many, many desperate people try them and a small number get better. Most don't. Think about the same argument with prayer - "I prayed and God made me better." Some believe it to be true, many will give it a try, most won't get better.

Comment

Pack mentaity?? So everyone is out to get you because you're Suity, not because you are mistaken?
                Don't be silly.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I do my best to eat healthy but the nature of my cancer means that screwing up my digestion is the main symptom, so my diet is really geared around what I can ingest and digest. Tomatoes, for example, **** me up a treat.

Getting enough protein in is a bit of a problem also, as I don't actually process it very well, so I have to eat a bit extra. So I have a lot of eggs, fish and white meat, but I struggle with huge gobs of red meat. Two months ago I'd eat packets of sliced roast beef from the supermarket as a snack.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Understandable.

It can be a bugger to eat right when just a bit poorly, with stomach cancer and chemo it must be a real bitch just to eat at all.

Suity, people are taking a pop at you because your forum persona is that of a clueless tw@t, you're re-enforcing that view by repeatedly trying to wobble on with some homespun smartarse solution that you feel is amazing, but people doubt is anything more than an old wives tale.
                    In the context of what's a genuinely life threatening situation for doodab you repeating it is just amplifying your tw@t image to astounding levels.

Comment

The trouble here is that we are all touched by cancer. Directly or indirectly. So if someone pops up with a cure that lacks any proof, logic, scientific validity or context they will be challenged.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X