• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Adults today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re people walking into camera shot. Hate 'em. I hate anyone in my camera shots even if I am taking distance pictures of a popular tourist spot, how dare they mess up my photo of a castle? What right do they have to visit it when I do? Have to spend ages after I get home Photoshopping them all out. If I had my way I would be able to Photoshop people out of real life.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I was just wondering if anyone shared my views that people today are generally more self centred than say 15 or 20 years ago?

For example I have a neighbour that is always asking for my help. Problems with his PC, help with a tricky bit of wall papering. He is a keen photographer and telescopist. He knows I am having problems with my scope. I have asked for his help. Too busy.

For another example I have a mate who knew a few days ago I was feeling rough with a chest infection. Not even a text to say "Feeling better?"

When I'm out and about, say in London, I might see someone taking a photo of their friend near a landmark. If it's not rush hour, I find I can break my stride to avoid ruining their shot. Not a massive effort, but just courteous. 9 times out of 10 I see folks wantonly walking onto the shot.

When I was out in Germany we caught the bus a few times. When we got to our final destination I would always say thanks and cheerio to the bus driver. I was the only one.

I generally find people to be self absorbed and discourteous these days. Does anyone else notice this and get frustrated by this? Or should I just start being more of a self centred a***hole?

Not often that I agree quite so wholeheartedly with anyone on here, but yes, I think people have become incredibly self-centred, shallow, narcissistic pains in the rear-end. Especially London people.

The ones who are texting/emailing/updating their facebooks as they walk through crowded stations (or off the end of a pier in the case of one stupid bint), the ones who suddenly stop dead in front of you to take a phone call whilst the surging crowd behind almost forces you into an unspeakable act with them, the ones who shoulder-barge you as they smash their way through with no attempt at reciprocal avoidance, and in particular the morons who stand in shop doorways or constricted bits of the thoroughfare to take a call/text/email/facebook status.

mind you I must confess to blundering through peoples photos occasionally - but working near some of London's more photogenic attractions it would be impossible to get home or to work otherwise...

...and - breathe

Comment

Aaaaand into the sig you go.

Edit :
        The following errors occurred with your submission
        Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup.
        I'm too awesome for my sig.
        Last edited by suityou01; 31 December 2013, 15:24.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I was going to post that on the whole I didn't agree with your OP. The last time I was on a bus everyone who I saw get off said some acknowledgement to the driver. But then I went to Waitrose. I'm starting to fcking loath Waitrose now. How fcking hard is it to park between two white lines and to understand what "no exit" means.

Today was special though. I was minding my own business waiting in line for the 10 items or less when this tosser walks up with an armful of items and stands in front of me to make himself next in line. I did my politest "excuse me, there's a queue" and he starts jabbering on about some guy in another line. By this time the checkout is free and so he turns back to me and says "suit yourself", dumps his shopping on the checkout shelf and walks off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            ... 10 items or less ...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Ridiculously, Tesco changed their unambiguous (if technically wrong) "10 items or less" sign to be the far more ambiguous "Up to 10 items".

Comment

Comment

Ridiculously, Tesco changed their unambiguous (if technically wrong) "10 items or less" sign to be the far more ambiguous "Up to 10 items".
                    I hope that this is hearsay and you haven't been into Tesco!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X