• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drink Driving...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The pile up on the A14 is a nicely realistic touch,
    Thank you, from the writers of suity.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My sister in law drinks and drives, she's an alcoholic and despite family members calling the police they never seem interested in trying to catch her.

Lazy rozzers.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        when I started working and live with my parents I was chareged rent - albeit a nominal sum - about £100 per month but that was back in oooh 1995/1996.

Covered all bills n food

Strangely enough my wife's parents also did this but when she left and bought a house they gave her back all the money she had given in rent.

the money I gave my parents went on beer n tabs...
        +1

Rent was a third of my Salary, at the time my family needed the money. It wasn't a shock.

Later my parents helped me buy my first place by lending me money so I consider it a fair deal.

My Wife's parents did similar to your GF's and when we got married they handed over a cheque, we weren't expecting it, that was a nice touch and helped us on our first house.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My teenage son complained about people going into HIS room. I explained that it was the GUEST room, but he could have the washing machine if he liked.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
            My teenage son complained about people going into HIS room. I explained that it was the GUEST room, but he could have the washing machine if he liked.

that is extremely funny actually. need a bit of polishing, but I think that is a cracker really.

thats going into my repetoir that is
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              That is what most people think. It is only selfish tossers like AtW that think they should get a free ride in life.
              Fortunately, as he has yet to work out that his todger does more than stir his vodka, he is unlikely ever to have kids to try his lame notions out upon.
              A bit harsh.

AtW was brought up in a foreign country and lots of people brought up abroad don't understand the concept of your relations particularly your teenage/adult children paying rent to live with you.

On the other hand they also don't understand why you as a working adult child would not help out a close relation financially particularly your parents with their living costs.

So in the case of your mother needing the money while you stayed - it would be expected you give her money as she had little but she didn't charge you rent.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                AtW was brought up in a foreign country and lots of people brought up abroad don't understand the concept of your relations particularly your teenage/adult children paying rent to live with you.

On the other hand they also don't understand why you as a working adult child would not help out a close relation financially particularly your parents with their living costs.

So in the case of your mother needing the money while you stayed - it would be expected you give her money as she had little but she didn't charge you rent.
                Foreign is not the same as bad. In some cases (like mine) it's actually very refreshingly good.

Having children supporting their parents is sacred but making money on your own children is a taboo.

I am, obviously, aware that "children rent" in this country acts as a way to make them leave the family to get their own place, afterall they are already paying rent anyway. I guess it's ok if you really hate your children and can't wait for them to leave.

There are a lot of good smart things that were invented in this country, but charging your own children rent isn't one of them.
                Last edited by AtW; 19 December 2013, 01:15.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  That is what most people think. It is only selfish tossers like AtW that think they should get a free ride in life. Fortunately, as he has yet to work out that his todger does more than stir his vodka, he is unlikely ever to have kids to try his lame notions out upon.
                  Sir, I prefer my vodka shaken, not stirred.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I am, obviously, aware that "children rent" in this country acts as a way to make them leave the family to get their own place, afterall they are already paying rent anyway. I guess it's ok if you want to teach your children how to be responsible adults
                    FTFY

It's not about making money from your children AtW. It's more like splitting the bills. If you and your wife work, and your child also works, why should they not be equally contributing to the rent, council tax, bills, etc?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      As long as you enter a proper contract and enforce it if necessary with eviction and debt collection.
                      WHS. My 4 year old is presently having to sleep in the garden shed having failed to have given me half of his Haribo this week and a Curly Wurly. Two lessons there, budgeting and always pay your debts.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X