• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drink Driving...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I started working and live with my parents I was chareged rent - albeit a nominal sum - about £100 per month but that was back in oooh 1995/1996.

Covered all bills n food

Strangely enough my wife's parents also did this but when she left and bought a house they gave her back all the money she had given in rent.

the money I gave my parents went on beer n tabs...

Comment

Charging rent to kids when they can afford it is good in my view, it prevents coming home being a soft option and teaches life lessons.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        when I started working and live with my parents I was chareged rent - albeit a nominal sum - about £100 per month but that was back in oooh 1995/1996.

Covered all bills n food

Strangely enough my wife's parents also did this but when she left and bought a house they gave her back all the money she had given in rent.

the money I gave my parents went on beer n tabs...
        Me too, back in '81 I had to pay GBP5 a week rent and also provide some food, do some cleaning (including my clothes) along with other domestic chores and I was only earning GBP23.50 a week (plus whatever LVs were left lying around.)
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Did she charge them as well? Would not be suprised as parents in this country can be so horrible that they charge their own kids rent
          My mother charged me rent when I was at home between my first and second year at uni and had a job. It was £30 a week and I was on £3.30 an hour in a 24 hour petrol station. Horrible job.

It was fair, she was unable to work and had very little income (we had no savings or anything) I was eating her food, using her power etc.

In the other summers I was not there as I arranged for my placement year to start early and finish late. I had a job arranged to start as soon as my course finished but I think it would have been reasonable for me to pay if I had gone back to live with her and had been in full time employment.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Charging rent to kids when they can afford it is good in my view, it prevents coming home being a soft option and teaches life lessons.
            As long as you enter a proper contract and enforce it if necessary with eviction and debt collection.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Indeed

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              As long as you enter a proper contract and enforce it if necessary with eviction and debt collection.
              A bit harsh - although depending on the sort of child you have bought up they will either respect your terms and pay up or just give you the finger.

Once they give you the finger just sell them on to some nasty bulgarian gangsters

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Indeed

A bit harsh - although depending on the sort of child you have bought up they will either respect your terms and pay up or just give you the finger.

Once they give you the finger just sell them on to some nasty bulgarian gangsters
                My kids know the score.

Comment

I had a brush with the law once. Got pulled over on the A14. Pie eyed I was. Weaving about all over the road. The copper made me get out of the car to do a breath test. I blew the thing off the scale.

Then at that exact moment, there was a pile up on the other side of the road. The copper clearly had to go and deal with that, so I took my opportunity and jumped in my car and sped off.

In the morning there was a knock at the door. It was the copper from the night before. Of course I denied everything. After all my car was tucked up safe and sound in the garage and it was my word against his, right?

He asked me to open up the garage so he could take a look at my car. No problem mate. I got the remote and popped the garage door open.

"Stone me" I said, "my car's turned into a police car" I said.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I had a brush with the law once. Got pulled over on the A14. Pie eyed I was. Weaving about all over the road. The copper made me get out of the car to do a breath test. I blew the thing off the scale.

Then at that exact moment, there was a pile up on the other side of the road. The copper clearly had to go and deal with that, so I took my opportunity and jumped in my car and sped off.

In the morning there was a knock at the door. It was the copper from the night before. Of course I denied everything. After all my car was tucked up safe and sound in the garage and it was my word against his, right?

He asked me to open up the garage so he could take a look at my car. No problem mate. I got the remote and popped the garage door open.

"Stone me" I said, "my car's turned into a police car" I said.

The pile up on the A14 is a nicely realistic touch,

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      I think it would have been reasonable for me to pay if I had gone back to live with her and had been in full time employment.
                      That is what most people think. It is only selfish tossers like AtW that think they should get a free ride in life.
                      Fortunately, as he has yet to work out that his todger does more than stir his vodka, he is unlikely ever to have kids to try his lame notions out upon.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X