• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Link to gloomy contractor survey required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Get 'depressed'....

2. Go to Docs and lay it on....

3. Get referred to therapist/nut doctor...

4. Fluff a few interviews/fail to attend....

5. Get 'better' later when coast is clear...

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
      IMHO - I would ask them to "prove it". Regardless of the market rate, if you have been submitting yourself for roles but have been unsuccessful then the market rate is, to a large extent, irrelevant.

Rather than surveys ( which are subjective at the best of times), I would respond with the number of unsuccessful applications made.

Surely the burden of proof is on them not you ?? ( or maybe I am naive ).
      Note the tactic being used. Supposedly the company is being run into the ground....

I would have stepped back a bit to ask what the barrister meant by company and then corrected his points 1 by 1. You are merely a highly paid temporary worker subjected to supply and demand. In return for high pay you take the risk that work may not be available.....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You don't need to prove anything the accounts are sufficient. If the accounts are incorrect this would be tax fraud, no-one can question your accounts unless they can prove that.

No need to justify anything just hand over a document from your accountant.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks Bellona. Yes, I have submitted evidence of applications at previous hearings, but the other side just ignore these.

I guess the next hearing (The Final Hearing) will be a more in-depth look at evidence, rather than those that have preceeded it. I have been quite shocked so far at the fact that no-one has looked at all at any of the evidence that I have painstakingly assembled.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            1. Get 'depressed'....

2. Go to Docs and lay it on....

4. Fluff a few interviews/fail to attend....

5. Get 'better' later when coast is clear...
            Thanks Stek, I am actually following part of this, through necessity rather than design.

I am suffering from Clinical Depression, and am taking anti-depressants. I am also on the waiting list for counselling.

However, I am a little reluctant to disclose any of this, as I fear the 'nut' lable, and the implications that this ma have for child care.

I ma actually feeling much better, now that I have a contract again, as it is taking my mind away from the other matters (or, maybe it is just the anti-depressants kicking in!).

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              You don't need to prove anything the accounts are sufficient. If the accounts are incorrect this would be tax fraud, no-one can question your accounts unless they can prove that.

Hi Blaster,

No-one is querying the accuracy of the accounts; what is being queried is the fact that they show a huge reduction in turnover. They are claiming that I have deliberately done this.

I gues that it would be possible to do this, but I am not sure what purpose it would serve. If there was more money, it would be nice to think that it would be easier to get close to meeting her demands.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

+1

So you have accounts that show a loss and proof that you have been looking for work.

And they have ???

Not sure what "proof" they possibly think they can bring that counters that in terms of proving you are "deliberately running the company down"

Good luck with it - keep us posted.
                If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Note the tactic being used. Supposedly the company is being run into the ground....

I would have stepped back a bit to ask what the barrister meant by company and then corrected his points 1 by 1. You are merely a highly paid temporary worker subjected to supply and demand. In return for high pay you take the risk that work may not be available.....
                  Good point eek, and hopefully I will get the chance to do this next time.

So far there has been no cross-examination, and hence no chance to do any digging into these allegations. The hearings always start with them summarising the background, basically a pack of lies and character assassinations of me; and, although I try to refute each of these in turn, none of the judges so far have wanted to listen to any debate.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

There are also the SJD contractor surveys but they hardly paint a gloomy picture. Might be able to find some stats that are decreasing over time if that might help...

Contractor Attitude Survey Results - Accountants UK - SJD Accountancy
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

referral takes months I have been waiting since late spring
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X