• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much aid do we give to India?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Or perhaps Ireland could have stopped being a net food exporter, but that might not have suited the interests of the landlords and merchants.
    Indeed that would have been this bit you quoted:

or the Government could have requisitioned Irish Grain crops as it did in earlier famines but that was unpopular with Irish Landlords because they lost money.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Indeed that would have been this bit you quoted:
      Where's the in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Does the aid go to the Indian government or straight to aid projects on the ground?
        The government hopefully - Who else do you think makes the decisions on arms deals?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Should we give them aid? Not sure if it saves a few people dying from preventable diseases then probably. If it allows government officials to get richer whilst the poor starve then no.
          It probably does both.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I can't wait to meet you all. Shall I bring my keyboard to the Xmas drinks?
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Where's the in that?
              None needed, he's merely highlighting the fact that you appear incapable of original thought.

Oh well.

Comment

This thread is another in the long line of "IT geeks don't get the big picture shocker".
                Essentially what Indian aid is all about is a small, relatively declining, indebted island on the periphery of Europe saying to a nascent superpower (and whatever state they're in now, that's pretty much going to happen in the next 100 years): "Please keep us in mind for future trade".

HTH.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  This thread is another in the long line of "IT geeks don't get the big picture shocker".
                  Essentially what Indian aid is all about is a small, relatively declining, indebted island on the periphery of Europe saying to a nascent superpower (and whatever state they're in now, that's pretty much going to happen in the next 100 years): "Please keep us in mind for future trade".

HTH.
                  WHS, and WIBTTS
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH.
                    An Ecomoronic prediction for 100 years hence, they always turn out accurate.

They predicted Japan would be a superpower decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                      An Ecomoronic prediction for 100 years hence, they always turn out accurate.

They predicted Japan would be a superpower decades ago.
                      Yeah, everyone thought China would forget about the HongKong lease...

Comment

Working...
                      X