• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
    They don't have to do it MP, I was just saying, I think I'd warm to them more if they did it. It's as though they'd done all they possibly could, how could this have happened, the almost incredulity of it all. They owe nothing to anyone but themselves, but I'd like them more, and others have said similar, if there was some kind of, well, contrition. I genuinely haven't warmed to them, even over time. Something just doesn't seem right to me.

That, genuinely, has nothing to do with what I believe was their negligence though, for I'd say that to anyone.
    If having a likeable personality was a prerequisite for a fair level of assistance from the police in a missing child case they would not send a squad car round if one of yours escaped.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I guess their priority isn't making the public warm to them
      It should be one of their priorities.

They have had vitriol poured on them by some members of the public and other people including media people have pointed out that other children go missing but get no publicity - so if they admitted openly they screwed up then they would have ended up with more support.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        If having a likeable personality was a prerequisite for a fair level of assistance from the police in a missing child case they would not send a squad car round if one of yours escaped.
        Oh dear, you did start early today didn't you. That really upset me that did. Honest.

Comment

Now live on German TV...Wo ist Madeleine? - ZDF.de
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            so if they admitted openly they screwed up then they would have ended up with more support.
            Would that get their case solved any quicker?
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Would that get their case solved any quicker?
              Who knows, worth a punt I'd have thought though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
                Who knows, worth a punt I'd have thought though.
                I just dunno how much of a crap I'd give about that if I was trying to get through each day without knowing where my child was.

I do find it strange how much vicious stuff there seems to be around, about them though.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I just dunno how much of a crap I'd give about that if I was trying to get through each day without knowing where my child was.

I do find it strange how much vicious stuff there seems to be around, about them though.
                  We'd all handle it in different ways. But given their choosing to make sure this gets as much media air time as they have, it makes a bit of sense, to me, to get people to warm to them. Might get them extra money to continue the search, and more. I'd try anything.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of cynicism.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      I thought the analogy would be lost on the more mentally challenged of the congregation.
                      Though a duck would probably make for a more pleasant conversationalist.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X