• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
    Seriously here, if you and your wife were invited for a night out, 15 mins away, for dinner, dance and drinks and you couldn't get a sitter, how long would you think about it before you said no? Seriously.
    I keep seeing this 15minutes away thing popping up. They weren't that far were they ?
    From the all knowing and ever-correct wikipedia

Madeleine and her siblings had been left at 20:30 in a bedroom in the ground-floor apartment, while her parents ate with their travelling companions in the resort's tapas restaurant 50 metres (54 yards) away.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I think my view is that this is fairly black and white; the McCanns chose to leave their kids alone.

I don't agree with this view, and perhaps that does make me a bit of a nutter. If a taxi on hols doesn't have seatbelts, we don't get in it.

I woud have, pre child days - so not sure what that says about me.
      Doesn't make you a nutter, but might restrict your choice of holiday destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
        I keep seeing this 15minutes away thing popping up. They weren't that far were they ?

Madeleine and her siblings had been left at 20:30 in a bedroom in the ground-floor apartment, while her parents ate with their travelling companions in the resort's tapas restaurant 50 metres (54 yards) away.
        The 50 metres thing is wonky, it seems to be "as the crow flies". They couldn't see the apt from where they were. The map they showed on CW the other night showed exactly where the tapas bar & apts were situated. I'll see if I can find a link.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Doesn't make you a nutter, but might restrict your choice of holiday destinations.
          Possibly - it's early days for us & foreign holidays!
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

50 metres is 55 yards to the nearest integer.

Comment

I didn't realise they left them like that every night at 8.30

Comment

If you were really, really drunk it might take you 15 minutes to stagger it.

Comment

I think, after a while, having kids restricts this anyway!

Comment

If you were really, really drunk it might take you 15 minutes to stagger it.
                    That map doesn't look like the one they had on CW (top one, I mean!) there is a wall between the swimming pool and the apartment - a fairly high one - you can kinda see it on the bottom pic - It separates the main complex from the outer one.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      That map doesn't look like the one they had on CW - there is a wall between the swimming pool and the apartment - a fairly high one. It separates the main complex from the outer one.
                      You can actually see the wall in the photo.

Comment

Working...
                      X