• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you don't need

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The machines are taking over!

Run for your lives!

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
      No, not really. She used it plenty of times, and noticed that it beeped constantly when IT wanted you to stop, but on inspection, always left about 6-8 inches, so used to push back a bit more. She didn't listen to it.

It was a very large vehicle, and I can see why she did it, but she did it deliberately and got caught out.
      That's no different from clocks in older times. You had a clock that was 8min-something slow a day, but you knew it was 8min slow so actually it was accurate to only a few seconds a day. If a parking system consistently does tell you you're about to hit when actually there is 8 inches, that's valuable information you can use... if you're trying to do a tight 3-point turn you need every inch.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        That's no different from clocks in older times. You had a clock that was 8min-something slow a day, but you knew it was 8min slow so actually it was accurate to only a few seconds a day. If a parking system consistently does tell you you're about to hit when actually there is 8 inches, that's valuable information you can use... if you're trying to do a tight 3-point turn you need every inch.
        I agree. If you don't crash. She didn't listen to it. She crashed. I don't see you continuing along this line.

Comment

Because all the other times, she didn't crash.

Comment

Because all the other times, she didn't crash.
            But she did that time. So she didn't listen to it, and crashed.

Comment

Still not as stupid as driving right into a massive pillar.

Comment

He's got you there
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

...and somehow you think I've denied this?

Glad you've, finally, admitted being wrong though. I can see progress.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

He's got you there
                    Not really, as none of that formed my argument. I never denied it being silly, but simply pointed out my wife doesn't listen to her parking sensors, as don't others it seems. That to point it out, always references an accident I had, the only accident I have had, some 20 years ago.

So, not really, he's completely off the mark and obfuscating. As normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      This presents a real conundrum of modern times. I contend that owners of large cars tend to be more skilled in the art of 'damage free parking' than the owners of small cars. Anecdotal evidence shows that in any car park with neat lines to assist in parking in a sociable and considerate fashion, the owners of tiny little cars will often park outside of the lines, while the owners of large cars will park inside the lines (or not at all due to granny who takes up two spaces with her micra). This is probably due to the fact that owning a large expensive car necessitates a high level of skill in parking. So should the laydee be provided with a large car so she may learn to park correctly, with the concomitant risk of expensive damage, or should she be provided with a small car, with low damage costs to the car itself but with no didactic benefit to the laydee's parking skills?

You are joking right? It's Always the large cars which are parked the worst. BMWs being the worst offenders
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X