• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old Street, London - possible contract, information wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    30min is more than I want to spend really, since then you have time getting to the station etc. I like the idea of walking or being just a couple of tube stops away and if the contract doesn't pay well enough to live centrally, I won't accept it!
    A good option is Borough, 4 stops on the Northern line and very good value IMO. Not a bad mix of people there, plus great for food.

EDIT:
    Just remembered I am on d000hg's ignore list so this will fall on deaf-eyes

Comment

30min is more than I want to spend ona train really, since then you have time getting to the station etc. I like the idea of walking or being just a couple of tube stops away and if the contract doesn't pay well enough to live centrally, I won't accept it!
      If you're a PCG member, get on to their fora and take a look at a very recent thread in Commercial...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Potential lucrative contract at a company located right next to Old Street tube station http://goo.gl/maps/LoeuE

Name and shame please
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I should add, I would probably not envisage being out on the town much - part of the desire for an apartment is to have somewhere to work on plan B while away from home/wife. So location near work rather than near a social hub is more of a factor.
          Don't do it man, life ain't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Name and shame please
            Yeah, right.

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Don't do it man, life ain't worth it.
            Ain't worth what?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Good luck doog. I will swing by for a cuppa on my way home sometimes if you take the role.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

If I'm found dead in a carpet bag, someone alert admin who to blame.

Comment

Yeah, right.

Ain't worth what?
                  Staying in London for any significant amount of time, let alone living there/commuting to it every week

Comment

Staying in London for any significant amount of time, let alone living there/commuting to it every week
                    I disagree - I love living in London during the week and going back to the fresh air of the Essex countryside at the weekend

Comment

Don't agree. Not shortish term anyway to scoop up a big pile of cash so I can take a year off to work on plan B full-time...

Comment

Working...
                      X