• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories toughen their image with hard line on benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Scooterscot is a cretin.
    FTFY.
    Since he so obviously has a cognitive deficit, I can only conclude that whatever work he does in Germany is of a routine nature. That would explain his relative lack of success, living in a small flat in Munich and paying only Euro30K tax.
    He is mediocrity personified.
    But I will bow out now and let him keep posting on his thread thus removing all doubt about his cretinism.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

According to the beeb:
      What would Labour do?

Labour would guarantee anyone who has been out of work for more than two years a part-time job. Those affected would be given the national minimum wage to work for 25 hours a week.
      Yeah, of course they are. I used to live in a small impoverished NE town (large village really). Whole streets were on benefits long-term, and happy to remain that way. Hundreds or morelikely, thousands of families. The town had one small town centre with perhaps a couple of dozen shops and businesses, most employing maybe 3 staff or so - a guy running a takeaway, a family run florist, one small supermarket and a few pubs.

So where are all these, generally rather thick and chavvy, people going to get jobs? The vast majority do not have cars and bus transport is not a trivial cost... besides the bulk of work they might do on farms or something wouldn't be accessible by bus. If there were jobs. And if they had ever been trained how to do a job.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        According to the beeb:Yeah, of course they are. I used to live in a small impoverished NE town (large village really). Whole streets were on benefits long-term, and happy to remain that way. Hundreds or morelikely, thousands of families. The town had one small town centre with perhaps a couple of dozen shops and businesses, most employing maybe 3 staff or so - a guy running a takeaway, a family run florist, one small supermarket and a few pubs.

So where are all these, generally rather thick and chavvy, people going to get jobs? The vast majority do not have cars and bus transport is not a trivial cost... besides the bulk of work they might do on farms or something wouldn't be accessible by bus. If there were jobs. And if they had ever been trained how to do a job.
        Hire them as tax inspectors.

Comment

besides the bulk of work they might do on farms or something wouldn't be accessible by bus. If there were jobs.
          Liebour would fund the one daily bus to get them to and from work at the local farm.

Off course I'm making this up - none of the parties have a clue of why people who exist on minimum wages, low intelligence and no get up and go, can't just pick up and work someone else.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Am I missing the point, the article doesn't say they would be working full-time. If you are getting £60 benefits a week and minimum wage is £6ph make them work 10 hours a week

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
              Am I missing the point, the article doesn't say they would be working full-time. If you are getting £60 benefits a week and minimum wage is £6ph make them work 10 hours a week
              I pity the charity or employer who takes them on.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                30 hours minimum.

National Minimum Wage for apprentices - Apprenticeships

£2.65 / hour if you are an apprentice.

Used to be £20 a week on YTS when it was £30 for dole.

also its very easy to make it sound unfair if you only mention the JSA, the other stuff adds up, as I said earlier break even for family with 2 kids is about £7.50 an hour.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I pity the charity or employer who takes them on.
                  Indeed after 2 years of unemployment they may well need a lot of support.

But the mandatory treatment for drug/Alcohol is a good thing.

Comment

well if you inspire them why would they not build businesses and create employment. not all long term unemployed are thick, many just do the maths and realise there is no point getting out of bed if the state will pay them to stay in it and breed.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Indeed after 2 years of unemployment they may well need a lot of support.

But the mandatory treatment for drug/Alcohol is a good thing.
                      I thought they couldn't do this under archaic anti-slavery laws (seem to remember a case where a graduate was forced to work in a supermarket)

Comment

Working...
                      X