• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslim awareness classes for schools?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    One of my friends posted me this:

Imam Hussain (A.S) Blood Donation Campaign | Give Back. Give Blood.

it's been running for 7 years and they have donated 1000s of litres of blood to the NHS but I had never heard of it.....
    Commendable, but what makes you think facts will help?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Commendable, but what makes you think facts will help?
      The media obviously isn't doing it's job in giving out these facts so somebody has to.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        The media obviously isn't doing it's job in giving out these facts so somebody has to.
        Indeed, but I'm starting to see the anti-muslim lot in the same light as Islamic Fundamentalists; many react in a primary fashion to what they read or see on the news while framing everything in their own limited vision of the world, probably acquired from another person who views things through the same frame. Facts which conflict with that framed vision are filtered out or dismissed as irrelevant or an exception.

Comment

Red Action: BNP In Tipton : Nurturing Legitimacy

BNP work in Tipton is largely centred on core community issues. One early but telling example is the case of a young girl who was raped. The perpe*trators were not charged, and the police and council failed to take decisive action to move the victim and her family out of the area. It was the BNP that finally brought enough pressure on the council to get the family moved. Such a simple yet resonant deed will obviously not be forgotten quickly by the wider community.

Other efforts made by the BNP’s ‘Lend a Hand Team’, as they call themselves, have been as diverse as increasing police patrols in troublespots, right the way through to helping combat ant infestation. There is a great emphasis on housing issues, as with the work of the IWCA. However, the BNP role is largely arbitral - a simple but effective liaison mecha*nism for people with practical problems to tap into.
          do these actions make the BNP any less unpleasant?

Its the head of the snake that needs to change the vast majority of the followers are nice normal people.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Until the moderate Muslims sort out the extremists then unfortunately they will be grouped in with the nutters by some.
            How on earth are they supposed to do that? Do any of us have a clue what to do to 'sort out' the BNP or any of the other extreme right groups in Europe? No. We don't, so how can we expect your average muslim to 'sort out' the extremists?
            Groups wringing their hands and saying there is nothing we can do doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. Communities need to work together (and be seen to be working together) to resolve the problems:

The church has to "sort out" the paedophile priests.
            A political party must shun openly racist people from party membership.
            The church has to shun people who preach that homosexuals should be stoned.
            A school must not allow a bigoted teacher to teach.
            A religion must not allow extremism to be promoted in their midst....

The changes must come from within.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Red Action: BNP In Tipton : Nurturing Legitimacy

do these actions make the BNP any less unpleasant?

Its the head of the snake that needs to change the vast majority of the followers are nice normal people.
              I could be uncharitable here and say the BNP are using exactly the same tactics to gain support in Tipton as Hezbollah use to gain support in Lebanon or the Mafia used to gain support in New York; help the downtrodden and keep people ignorant.

Comment

I could be uncharitable here and say the BNP are using exactly the same tactics to gain support in Tipton as Hezbollah use to gain support in Lebanon or the Mafia used to gain support in New York; help the downtrodden and keep people ignorant.
                Precisely, so why do you act as a Dhimmi to one lot of extremists and not the other ?
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Precisely, so why do you act as a Dhimmi to one lot of extremists and not the other ?
                  Oh dear.

Comment

I think that is probably very accurate. Following on from that then until the Mosques start throwing the nutters out on their ear then the same thought could apply to Islam?

Comment

I think that is probably very accurate. Following on from that then until the Mosques start throwing the nutters out on their ear then the same thought could apply to Islam?
                      Well I'm sure you've noticed that there are a lot of different mosques; there are moderate mosques where the extremists probably don't go because it doesn't fulfill their need for their daily hate. They go to the more extreme mosques instead. OTOH, I could imagine that more moderate mosques would prefer to try and keep people on board if they seem to be turning extreme, as they can at least try to influence them positively. You really need to ask some muslims about this though; I've spoken with a few myself and this is really what they've told me.

Comment

Working...
                      X