• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

software engineer / agent enquiry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Quite
    I thought you were a Hummer man?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      What's wrong with a Mondeo?
      Nothing, it's just not very aspirational.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        At least a Mondeo wold get you through the eye of a needle.

Comment

It depends what you want to aspire to. I know a few guys that have fooking massive houses even by my standards but they potter round in jap waggons (not even nice ones) meanwhile a senior partner for one of the big four lives down the road from me (we beat him on our house when we moved here because he was too tight to pay asking price ) So he has a smaller "character" home down the road with an Aston Martin and Audi RS5 parked outside...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            It depends what you want to aspire to.
            Well aMondeo simply isn't aspirational, the question is if you GAS. I don't - the wife's battered old Focus is just fine and since I work from home having a 2nd car is pointless.

Comment

Well aMondeo simply isn't aspirational, the question is if you GAS. I don't - the wife's battered old Focus is just fine and since I work from home having a 2nd car is pointless.
              It's not for me to judge (although of course it is really), but it strikes me that if you're buying a car to aspire to be something, you're aspiring to a twat, in which case you probably already are a twat, so the purchase is pointless.

Comment

I don't mean that you're buying the car to look important to others - that's what sas would do so I agree with you! I mean something like a Porsche is aspirational in the sense it's something you'd say "when I make it that's what I want to buy". Nice a car as it is, few people dream about the day they can afford a Mondeo

Comment

I don't mean that you're buying the car to look important to others - that's what sas would do so I agree with you! I mean something like a Porsche is aspirational in the sense it's something you'd say "when I make it that's what I want to buy". Nice a car as it is, few people dream about the day they can afford a Mondeo
                  I don't think Sas wants to look important to others. He just wants to be able to look down on them.

Comment

this chap does :

Save the Mondeo | Autocar
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      It's bigger than your Munich pad. And I think they might have a better kettle.
                      Yes it's bigger, but apparently, a whole lot less better. A logarithmic scale (don't ask) could not capture the difference between the two.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X