• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Callous City Councils

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Which particular city council is it? Is it a Labour council or Tory? Not that it matters - they're all as corrupt as each other.
    I would not want to identify the city where the lady or her husband lives but the council is Tory however, I get even worse tulip from my BTL in a Labour council run by Capita. Both councils are corrupt to the core. .
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      False logic fail.
      Not surprising. He is a bit of a kent.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        You must be some sort of gubbering idiot. Its Labour who made the councils a law onto themselves and allowed them all sorts of power to harass the public. The Tories are thankfully reigning them back in and putting them in their place. Councils are supposed to provide a public service but under Labour they thought they were a multi million pound business.
        Regardless of what colour who did what argument, it seems to me managing councils from the level of parliament is micro managing, and that'll only lead to inefficient services and the good people left to their own devices.

Goodness no, councils should be independent and diversity be noticeable across the land.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Not surprising. He is a bit of a kent.
          Oi!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Talk about punching you in the stomach when you're down. Tory glory days have returned.
            And things got so much better under Labour didn't they?

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            How come she is responsible to pay?

On the other hand, if one of us went over to India, would the local Indian council give us a council house? Probably not.
            Assuming she was from India (rather than Indian extraction) then at least she is trying to live outside the benefits system rather than the feckless workshy in the UK who are happy to scrounge off others.

India is going to overtake the UK before too long. Along with the rest of Asia.

And well done Paddy - I gave +ve rep and I hope everyone else will.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Talk about punching you in the stomach when you're down. Tory glory days have returned.
              This isn't a Tory thing, or a Labour thing, it is a local government thing.

Calling it Tory or Labour is a big reason why it is impossible to tell the difference between being callous, incompetent or corrupt in LAs.

If you vote for local government based on your view of what national government is up to then you will get people whose only qualification for running them is the luck of not being the party whose policy on war, immigration or interest rates has upset you.

Birmingham City council has officially admitted that it cannot even try to keep children it its care, years after the Baby P case. Is that Labour, LD or Labour ?

No, I don't know either.

Why are they still in power ?
              I do know that.

Brummies have views on quantitative easing, gay marriage etc and voted on that.
              So they get tulip local government.

A less horrible point, councils of all parties pursue vanity pseudo green policies like fortnightly bin emptying and turning off street lights (though of course not where they live).

These are horribly unpopular policies, yet go through on the nod because they know that literally no policy of corruption is so heinous that it affects their chances of election. As far as they are concerned it is random.

Whose fault is this ?

Yours.

Local government is as democratic as you want it, if people voted by the quality of the service they got, they'd get better services.
              Because
              My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

the handling of death by local government and organisations like banks is totally incompetent.

I'm not sure how such people sleep at night.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  All councils are corrupt to the core.
                  FTFY.

Comment

Working...
                  X