• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA claim - hmm bit different this time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Good luck with that, it's seriously borked.

It's easier to ask google to do it instead.
    That is why I always link the google method mentioned in this thread...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I claim whatever I can. I've been subjected to various unfair taxes over the years, it's swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
        Funny, wasn't NLUK banned for saying exactly the same thing as OG did? You would probably know, since you updated the "Who's been banned" thread.
        :-)
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Cojak banned him - I updated the thread. In this instance, I felt the thread properly belonged in General.

I don't think there's anything immoral about getting money out of the system if you've a legal entitlement and you've paid plenty of money into the system. I just couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.

In order for me to get the Swiss unemployment benefit, I'd have to shut my company down. As it costs a few thou. to set up, it's not done lightly.
          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            The problem is that technically he needs to do the same here. He is a director of a company and therefore is not unemployed. He can resign as a director but unless someone else takes over the rule that would be impossible or he could close the company down.

Either way unless he is contracting via an umbrella he cannot legally claim this money without telling white lies....
            Speak to your accountant and read up on the rules matey. Nothing illegal at all.
            No need to close down company just tell them there is no work at the moment. PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Speak to your accountant and read up on the rules matey. Nothing illegal at all.
              No need to close down company just tell them there is no work at the moment. PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.
              Doesn't that incur costs for your accountant, time, a lot of effort and then start up costs again? Is that what you did the last time you claimed before the last gig? If you do this too regularly could you not be a prime target for phoenixing?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Doesn't that incur costs for your accountant, time, a lot of effort and then start up costs again? Is that what you did the last time you claimed before the last gig? If you do this too regularly could you not be a prime target for phoenixing?
                Like I said, no closing down. Employer (i.e my company) just issues a P45.

But yes it does incur some time from the accountant of course. Agreed I'll try not to do it too often because they will get wassed off.

Comment

Do you not need to have been an employee to claim JSA rather than an officer of the company?

And if so, wouldn't that open up questions about NMW?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Im guessing all you are doing is calling your accountant and getting them to stop your payroll and issue the P45.
                    Hand that over to the dole and then merrily claim

Once you get a contract you sign off and they issue P45 which goes to your accountant and they start your payroll.

Seems a pain but if you are happy and your accountant is happy then I suppose its ok

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      Im guessing all you are doing is calling your accountant and getting them to stop your payroll and issue the P45.
                      Hand that over to the dole and then merrily claim

Once you get a contract you sign off and they issue P45 which goes to your accountant and they start your payroll.

Seems a pain but if you are happy and your accountant is happy then I suppose its ok
                      Yep. Spot on.

Comment

Working...
                      X