• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Makes me mad, it really does

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Depends on your mentality doesn't it.
    Have you met anything above primary school here yet?

Comment

That's a failure with the Courts system and Government guidelines for sentencing not a fault with the prison system
      So you want to trust the same courts system to send people to break rocks for the rest of their lives?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I am sure everyone on here is very sweet in their own little way
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          But Lisa didn't do much more than primary school.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            So you want to trust the same courts system to send people to break rocks for the rest of their lives?
            What else would you suggest? A system that allows individuals to assess and judge the actions of other individuals will always be flawed. Personally I think less interference from Government in sentencing would improve matters - freedom to apply common sense would, I'm sure, make many judges lives easier (although it would be likely to result in fewer news stories in the Daily Mail)

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              But Lisa didn't do much more than primary school.
              Do you know, Sasguru, I find it incredibly humbling that someone such as yourself would take even the smallest interest in me

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

What else would you suggest? A system that allows individuals to assess and judge the actions of other individuals will always be flawed. Personally I think less interference from Government in sentencing would improve matters - freedom to apply common sense would, I'm sure, make many judges lives easier (although it would be likely to result in fewer news stories in the Daily Mail)
                I don't think 'sense' is very common at all though.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I don't think 'sense' is very common at all though.
                  In that, you may have a point But, again, what's the alternative? All men have a right to be judged by their peers and Judges are appointed to administer justice - all are human and therefore naturally flawed

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

yes it seems foolish to spend even more sending them to prison to get them to pay. I would of thought an order to deduct it from their benefits, pensions etc or enforcing bankruptcy would be cheaper?

obviously needs to be carefully managed.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      yes it seems foolish to spend even more sending them to prison to get them to pay. I would of thought an order to deduct it from their benefits, pensions etc or enforcing bankruptcy would be cheaper?

obviously needs to be carefully managed.
                      I am not sure reducing the benefits of a convicted murder would go very far towards assuaging the grief of the victims' families.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X