• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Makes me mad, it really does"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I didn't think we locked people up for several decades just to try and make their victims' families happy.
    that's right. you cut their balls off or hang them by the thumbs with piano wire for that.

it's always important to murder good Christians - you have a much better chance of being forgiven

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I didn't think we locked people up for several decades just to try and make their victims' families happy.
    Neither did I.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    I am not sure reducing the benefits of a convicted murder would go very far towards assuaging the grief of the victims' families.
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I don't think anything would.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I am not sure reducing the benefits of a convicted murder would go very far towards assuaging the grief of the victims' families.
    whoa I was talking about locking people up because they haven't paid their TV licence. Forced deduction from benefits / PAYE / Interest or setting the Debt Collectors on them being far cheaper to arrange.

ILife meaning Life and murders being treated humanely but sparsely sounds good to me.

I'm all for clear plexiglass cells that you can just stand up in, porridge / vegetable soup and limited exit from their cell, but starving them & working them to death reeks of "Arbeitslager".

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I don't really but since you see fit to impose your uninformed ramblings on here I am forced to respond
    'Forced'? By whom?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Do you know, Sasguru, I find it incredibly humbling that someone such as yourself would take even the smallest interest in me
    I don't really but since you see fit to impose your uninformed ramblings on here I am forced to respond

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Possibly but I am damn sure that wouldn't. There you are perhaps that's the answer - let the victim (or their family in the case of murder) decide the sentence/punishment for the perpetrator

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yes it seems foolish to spend even more sending them to prison to get them to pay. I would of thought an order to deduct it from their benefits, pensions etc or enforcing bankruptcy would be cheaper?

obviously needs to be carefully managed.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    yes it seems foolish to spend even more sending them to prison to get them to pay. I would of thought an order to deduct it from their benefits, pensions etc or enforcing bankruptcy would be cheaper?

obviously needs to be carefully managed.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    I don't think 'sense' is very common at all though.
    In that, you may have a point But, again, what's the alternative? All men have a right to be judged by their peers and Judges are appointed to administer justice - all are human and therefore naturally flawed

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    What else would you suggest? A system that allows individuals to assess and judge the actions of other individuals will always be flawed. Personally I think less interference from Government in sentencing would improve matters - freedom to apply common sense would, I'm sure, make many judges lives easier (although it would be likely to result in fewer news stories in the Daily Mail)
    I don't think 'sense' is very common at all though.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    But Lisa didn't do much more than primary school.
    Do you know, Sasguru, I find it incredibly humbling that someone such as yourself would take even the smallest interest in me

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    So you want to trust the same courts system to send people to break rocks for the rest of their lives?
    What else would you suggest? A system that allows individuals to assess and judge the actions of other individuals will always be flawed. Personally I think less interference from Government in sentencing would improve matters - freedom to apply common sense would, I'm sure, make many judges lives easier (although it would be likely to result in fewer news stories in the Daily Mail)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Have you met anything above primary school here yet?
    But Lisa didn't do much more than primary school.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X