• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perfumes & aftershaves

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Do you wear perfume/aftershave because

a) You just want to smell good?
    b) You want other people to think you smell good?
    c) Soemthing else?

cheers
    I wear perfume when I want to: feel happy/a femme fatale/cool (not hot)/sassy/like I'm beside the sea/in a winter forest (walking to a wood log fire)/remember my 1st love

and just because I want to.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Oh yes. damn blooming right
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I wear perfume when I want to: feel happy/a femme fatale/cool (not hot)/sassy/like I'm beside the sea/in a winter forest (walking to a wood log fire)/remember my 1st love

Jesus, that makes my reasons to pull birds look a bit lame... IGMC....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

just because I want to.
          WSS
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Davidoff Cool Water
            I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              We await your reviews sir!
              Spent a while flicking through the book this lunchtime but, perplexingly, couldn't find half the perfumes people have mentioned!

Maybe they're listed under different names, or are too recent to have been included (The book I bought was published in 2008. So maybe there's a later edition, and that's why my edition was in the charity shop in the first place! I see the publication date for the edition on Amazon is 2009.)

Also, for the ones I did find, the reviews are too long to justify the time it would take typing them. But if anyone is interested, here are the entries I did manage to find (and the page number in the 2008 Guide if that's any use):

* cK One (Calvin Klein) 4 out o5 5 stars - p 122
              * Kouros (Yves Saint Laurent) 5 out of 5 - p 222
              * No 5 (Chanel) 5 out of 5 - p 259
              * Polo (Ralph Lauren) 4 out of 5 - p 290
              * Story (Paul Smith) 2 out of 5 - p 330
              * Old Spice (Procter & Gamble) 3 out of 5 - p 267

Everyone scoffs at Old Spice (or am I thinking of Brut?), but 3 out of 5 isn't bad.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Spent a while flicking through the book this lunchtime but, perplexingly, couldn't find half the perfumes people have mentioned!

Maybe they're listed under different names, or are too recent to have been included (The book I bought was published in 2008. So maybe there's a later edition, and that's why my edition was in the charity shop in the first place! I see the publication date for the edition on Amazon is 2009.)

Also, for the ones I did find, the reviews are too long to justify the time it would take typing them. But if anyone is interested, here are the entries I did manage to find (and the page number in the 2008 Guide if that's any use):

* cK One (Calvin Klein) 4 out o5 5 stars - p 122
                * Kouros (Yves Saint Laurent) 5 out of 5 - p 222
                * No 5 (Chanel) 5 out of 5 - p 259
                * Polo (Ralph Lauren) 4 out of 5 - p 290
                * Story (Paul Smith) 2 out of 5 - p 330
                * Old Spice (Procter & Gamble) 3 out of 5 - p 267

Everyone scoffs at Old Spice (or am I thinking of Brut?), but 3 out of 5 isn't bad.
                But seems perfumes are a highly personal choice what use is a review?

Comment

Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
                  But seems perfumes are a highly personal choice what use is a review?
                  To see what is available for a start, and their types of aromas (e.g. citrus v woody etc) so readers can better exercise their choice.

Also, they do have objective properties, such as how well they linger and preserve their aroma
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X