• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perfumes & aftershaves

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one using Old Spice?
    ]

Comment

Terre D'Hermes.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        any Hai Karate or old spice?
        I will admit to once having Hai Karate (Old Spice, as the name suggests, was for the older person in the family!), I think I was about 13 and it was a present. I also admit to this:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Is there a word for the nausea caused by the overwhelming, sinus burning pong that emanates from the perfume shop in an airport departure lounge?
          LUSH shops, what a f'ing awful stench.

Ralph Lauren Polo for me, but not after every shave.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I used to get the missus one called Champagne, very refined, but I dont think they make it any more.

I once walked past a bird who smelled like the seaside (sharp and fresh and ozony), I really wanted to run after her and ask her what she was wearing

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              CK One

Occasionally

Smells nice

Unisex

But I'm no poufter
              Try Quercus by Penhaligon's. It's like CK One, but way, way better.

My favourite 'big beast' at the moment is Dior's Leather Oud. For general day/ office wear I'm happy with a vetiver (e.g. Guerlain Vetiver) or citrus vetiver (e.g. Chanel Pour Monsieur). YSL Kouros only comes out from time to time!

Comment

I am afraid I am a Jean Paul Gaultier 'Le Man' fan. My mate swaps his aftershave on a regular basis and not once do women on a night out comment on it. I regularly get women telling me the JPG smells great so am sticking with it.

Had 3 free hours to smell nearly everyone I could in Barcelona duty free yesterday and couldn't find anything else I liked.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                  Try Quercus by Penhaligon's. It's like CK One, but way, way better.

My favourite 'big beast' at the moment is Dior's Leather Oud. For general day/ office wear I'm happy with a vetiver (e.g. Guerlain Vetiver) or citrus vetiver (e.g. Chanel Pour Monsieur). YSL Kouros only comes out from time to time!
                  I'm going though a Serge Lutens phase atm, but I will try a Penhaligon when I'm in London (I kept promising norrahe I would but was still in SL's thrall last year ).

My most recent is Hermes Eau Claire Des Merveilles, which is growing on me.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Got given a creed himalaya sample when I bought the wife's present which smelt nice. More of a rexona man meself - the spray mind.

Comment

Autumn is around the corner though, soon I'll be wearing my chypres and woody perfumes.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X