• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man overboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I've been hanging in here nearly two years and no-one's spotted me yet.
    Thank god for tea bags hey! Once they realize you don't make it fresh they'll be looking for another trolley lady.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I've been hanging in here nearly two years and no-one's spotted I have a face yet.
      FTFY....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        A data migration tool
        Suity? 60K? Does not compute!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          When I was permie, I turned up on client site one day and got the project low down. Next day when I came back, someone said "Oh, he's lasted longer than the last guy..."

Contractor who was in before me had turned up for the first day, found out what it involved, and never surfaced again.

Three months later, PM got a phone call from the agent asking if they were extending the role.

PM: What do you mean? He only worked a day!
          Agent: What do you mean? He's been invoicing us for three months and we've been paying him!

That's the way to do it

Comment

To be fair to the guy that walked you dont know what the agent or client said to him. There are numerous things they could have said which would make it perfectly reasonable to walk.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              A data migration tool
              Shareplex? Goldengate?

FFS come and talk to me

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                To be fair to the guy that walked you dont know what the agent or client said to him. There are numerous things they could have said which would make it perfectly reasonable to walk.
                Not really, he is in a contract and there is little that can be said that would make it reasonable to breach contract.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Shareplex? Goldengate?

FFS come and talk to me
                  Something called Scribe?!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    FTFY....
                    Trust me, with MS that's not much to look at other than a pretty face, you know what these athletes are like
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Not really, he is in a contract and there is little that can be said that would make it reasonable to breach contract.
                      Maybe the agency told him to leave site and not return...

Maybe he had 0 notice period on his side of the contact and decided to quit

Comment

Working...
                      X