• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man overboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Shame about the uncancellable £60,000 software licence which has been bought for the guy going next week.
    At one client I spent 6 months evaluating, testing and implementing a bit of software which cost $250,000.

Department disbanded, permies transferred to other departments, contractors out of the door.

I have no idea whether that software ever got used or not.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Ouch! What was that for?!
      A data migration tool
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Maybe he just thought "thank God for that, I'm off for a pint".

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You think they are going to go for breach of just be glad he went?
          They're glad he's gone.

Should I got put a place holder in the Accounting thread titled 'Agency not paying last invoice. What do I do' ?
          He does sometimes post here he said... though not in General.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          ‘deadly poisonous nature of all processed food’ he may be right there...
          He felt that raw cane sugar was safer than refined. I used to work in the sugar industry. I wouldn't touch unrefined sugar, personally... unless you like eating rats droppings, insect parts...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Should I got put a place holder in the Accounting thread titled 'Agency not paying last invoice. What do I do' ?
            ..and just wait for : Welcome to our newest member, They'reallouttogetme to register an account.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
              ..and just wait for : Welcome to our newest member, They'reallouttogetme to register an account.
              You've just given MF another sockie....

Comment

When I was permie, I turned up on client site one day and got the project low down. Next day when I came back, someone said "Oh, he's lasted longer than the last guy..."

Contractor who was in before me had turned up for the first day, found out what it involved, and never surfaced again.

Three months later, PM got a phone call from the agent asking if they were extending the role.

PM: What do you mean? He only worked a day!
                Agent: What do you mean? He's been invoicing us for three months and we've been paying him!

That's the way to do it
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  They're glad he's gone.

He does sometimes post here he said... though not in General.

He felt that raw cane sugar was safer than refined. I used to work in the sugar industry. I wouldn't touch unrefined sugar, personally... unless you like eating rats droppings, insect parts...

Thanks for that, I used to drink fresh sugarcane juice (not sweet) in Egypt, made from crushed cane straight out the field.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Ask the environment manager?
                    MF got new job title?

Comment

This is exactly how it should work with contractors. Instead of seven interviews, just hire and fire until you're left with a good team. Clients shouldn't have any notice period with contractors, fire at will.

Comment

Working...
                      X