• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nelson Mandela dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Not good. I do wonder what will happen when he goes - I think his presence is a stabilising influence - he represents hope and unity. Hope things don't kick off.
    Dead legends are much more effective than living legends. Alive there's always the risk that he'll do or say something stupid.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

look like its time

Nelson Mandela is in 'vegetative state and warring family were advised to turn off life support EIGHT DAYS ago' | Mail Online

Doctors advised Nelson Mandela's family that his life support should be turned off because he was in a 'permanent vegetative state', court documents reveal.

The revelation from members of the former president's family came as part of a family dispute over the graves of three of his children.

Court documents from June 26 said: 'He is in a permanent vegetative state and is assisted in breathing by a life support machine.

'The Mandela family have been advised by the medical practitioners that his life support machine should be switched off.

'Rather than prolonging his suffering, the Mandela family is exploring this option as a very real probability.'
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I head there was a campaign to freeze Nelson Mandela.

igmc....
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My PC takes such a long time to shut down I've decided to call it Nelson Mandela.
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            My PC takes such a long time to shut down I've decided to call it Nelson Mandela.
            I haven't laughed like that in ages!
            "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
            Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

still going!

Mandela 'to be allowed home' as he continyues to respond positively to treatment | Mail Online

Mandela 'to be allowed home' as he continues to respond positively to treatment
              Nelson Mandela will soon be discharged after spending a month in hospital
              President Thabo Mbeki said Mandela was critical but stable
              Mandela’s wife Graça Machel said she is now ‘less anxious’

Comment

When he's fully recovered I think they should send him on a plane to visit Obama in the White House, to mock him for trying to visit South Africa in time for Mandela's funeral..

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Court documents from June 26 said: 'He is in a permanent vegetative state and is assisted in breathing by a life support machine.

'The Mandela family have been advised by the medical practitioners that his life support machine should be switched off.

'Rather than prolonging his suffering, the Mandela family is exploring this option as a very real probability.'
                  Can you suffer if you're brain-dead?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    When he's fully recovered I think they should send him on a plane to visit Obama in the White House, to mock him for trying to visit South Africa in time for Mandela's funeral..
                    You don't think POTUS visits are arranged months and months in advance?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Can you suffer if you're brain-dead?
                      Sasguru does every day

Suspect they meant the loss of dignity rather than physical suffering.

Comment

Working...
                      X