• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right to reside? keeping Johnny foreigner off our benefits or discriminatory?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I do not care what your background is, or how important you are, or how clever you make yourself out to be, if your arguments fail to stand up to logic then you will be told.
    You've simply insulted me and not attacked my argument.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was born in west Africa. This obviouly influences my opinions, but also helped make me so interested in human migration that I studied it, admittedly at Poly, but probably the best poly, and also worked in spatial demography for a water planning agency in NL before being offered a tulipload more money to test software

What is this all about?

In other words you cannot make an argument stand up on its own two feet.
      oooh you are in a bit of a mood...

whats wrong struggling to get 2 references???.....

Comment

I do not care what your background is, or how important you are, or how clever you make yourself out to be, if your arguments fail to stand up to logic then you will be told.
        Have you been drinking fairy liquid again?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          The IT support guy who has to find 2 million PCs?
          that's all right he is a self employed Romanian.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Best of luck to him, sounds like an enterprising fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              What have the Romanians ever done for us?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                What have the Romanians ever done for us?
                Well, along with other eastern European countries they had the balls to stand up to and fight a violent dictatorship sponsored by the USSR, thereby helping to destroy communism in Europe and smash the iron curtain. Although I think a lot of people would prefer it had stayed there as it kept those mucky eastern Europeans in their place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Unfortunately, major decisions are not based on facts and statistics. They're based on people's interpretations of them (their opinions). In the real world, opinions are more important, and the fact that you may disagree with them, or know that people have not come to the "logical" solution doesn't make one superior, or mean that everyone should change your mind to agree with you, just because you may be technically right. The fact that Sas can't grasp this is probably part of the reason that he comes across as a complete ****** [ OK, so I can't say it, but can have an animation of it?], whether or not he may have a valid point.
                  This kind of relativistic, post-modernist garbage is part of the reason why the country is in the state its in.
                  So according to your infantile argument the beliefs of those Islamists who murdered a soldier in Woolwich have the same validity as people who disagree. After all according to your argument, their opinion is that it was right to murder a British soldier isn't necessarily inferior to my opinion that they shouldn't have?
                  It's their opinion, innit? So set them free.
                  CUK seems to get more infested with cretins by the day.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 30 May 2013, 14:45.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    CUK seems to get more infested with cretins by the day.
                    DA is getting his "mates" to join.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Best of luck to him, sounds like an enterprising fellow.
                      he is, of course the important thing because he won't pay the same tax as Mr Singh who is a UK resident he is cheap.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X